Question 2009 Hyundai Sonata cranks but no start ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2021
So I had to change an ignition coil in my sonata. After I was done I started it up with no issues whatsoever. However without touching so much as the car itself the following morning it decides to not start. I have 0 idea how this could even happen because it makes 0 sense. Anyway as of right now the battery, starter and spark plugs are also okay. There really should be no issues as I said the car started right after I finished and I didn't even take it for a ride after I swapped the coils. It baffling to say the least and any info would help

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If the starter is cranking, then nothing is wrong there. All the coils still properly connected? (shouldn't prevent a start though). Not going to be anti-theft since it is cranking.

I hate to sound like a PC guy, but have you tried disconnecting the battery, waiting a minute, and then re-connecting? ECU might have gotten in a weird state.

More a forum section for discussing cars, less so troubleshooting, so maybe head over to Reddit, those guys are pretty reliable and have a lot of first hand knowledge of common issues.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
It'd be good if you could hook up a scan tool to see what error codes come up.

My gut tells me crank position sensor, or maybe the ignition control module. But that's just guesswork.

Jul 26, 2022
www.crownvicsetc.com
Sounds a little like a fuel issue... dead fuel pump? When you say ignition coil, do you mean a fuel injector and/or coil pack? "Ignition coils" are an old-school item!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS