[SOLVED] 2009 MAC PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJOB

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Hello,
I have a MAC PRO early 2009 system. It has 2 Dual-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz processors. It also has a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics card. I am trying to load and run Parallels with Windows 7. The CD will not load. It simply scans,and then ejects. I read the system requirements, and it need a 64 bit system. The processors are 64 bit. The video card color depth is 32 bit. Ca anyone help?

Thanks,
Chet

Solution

First of color depth and 64bit OS are different things. Color represents the maximum amount of colors that can be shown using that particular graphics card. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_depth

As for your Parallels, I would check to make sure your operating system is compatible with the version of Parallels you...

frozen walt disney

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

First of color depth and 64bit OS are different things. Color represents the maximum amount of colors that can be shown using that particular graphics card. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_depth

As for your Parallels, I would check to make sure your operating system is compatible with the version of Parallels you are using. OSX 10.7 will not allow older version to be used at all, since with this newest update, no PowerPC type of software will work at all. (To check this, go to "About this Mac" when you click your apple. Then click, "More Information" tab. Scroll down to where it says "Software" and open your window a bit more and it will say "kind" if its "Intel" or "Universal" it will work.)

As for the windows CD itself. It doesn't have to be 64-bit. Your OS is by default on a Mac, but you can always flip this to 32-bit by pressing the 3 and 2 keys while you boot.

My guess is if your CD is not recognizing at all, it could be a faulty Optical Drive and you should have it checked by an Apple Hardware Service Center (not Best Buy). Unfortunately, the best they can do is look to see if everything is running right on your system, and they don't have a test for the optical drive other then inserting a DVD or CD in to see if it recognizes, and they usually replace it. (I am an Apple Hardware Tech so I do know this). If you would like to see if the system is recognizing the drive, goto "Spotlight" or the magnifying glass on the upper right hand corner of the screen and type in "Disk Utility". In disk utility there will be a window with your hard drive in it, below that should be your log drawn out name of your Optical drive... if its not there, your gonna need to get it replaced to have it work correctly.

Hope that helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS