[SOLVED] 2009 mediocre PC graphics card upgrade

Solution
For that computer, yes a 1060 is much more than what the CPU and likely RAM amount would be able to keep up with. Outside of the speed issue it's also not likely the power supply on a 10+ year old OEM build computer will be up to the task to run the system without crashing with a 1060. You may want to get something like a used 750Ti for it or buy a used gaming system or tower with a good power supply that is newer. A 4th gen Intel i5 system should be under $200 without a gaming card in it.
For that computer, yes a 1060 is much more than what the CPU and likely RAM amount would be able to keep up with. Outside of the speed issue it's also not likely the power supply on a 10+ year old OEM build computer will be up to the task to run the system without crashing with a 1060. You may want to get something like a used 750Ti for it or buy a used gaming system or tower with a good power supply that is newer. A 4th gen Intel i5 system should be under $200 without a gaming card in it.

Reactions: yapici
Solution
Mar 30, 2020
Thank you very much! I ended up buying a used GTX 960. I'll write here about how it goes once I receive it.

Thank you also for your suggestion on buying a 4th gen Intel i5 system, I didn't even know. I think my next step would be that in a couple of months.

Mar 29, 2020
Hope you can return the card if it's not compatible. Your system probably doesn't have a UEFI BIOS. Newest card you could upgrade to is a GTX 660/670.
Have the same issue with my 8 year old HP desktop.