200mm pwm fan

harryt51

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
I've got a Coolermaster HAF-X case and I would very much like to replace the 200mm x 200mm x 30mm side case fan with one that is the same size but is PWM compliant, however my extensive and relentless search for such a beast has so far produced not a single result. This leads me to believe that, for some reason, 200mm PWM fans simply don't exist. Is anyone able to confirm or deny this? Or does someone actually know where I can buy one? Alternatively, if there is a reason for 200mm PWM fans not being made, could someone please enlighten me as what it is? All advice, recommendations, suggestions and/or ridicule gratefully accepted.Please do not post your @mail (that way u are helping to spread the spam), u will be automatically notified if some one post fresh line in your thread.

Thanx : )

Solution
I've never seen a 200mm PWM fan.
Probably because large diameter fans are generally in the 700-1200rpm range and produce minimal noise.

harryt51

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012

I didn't realise my mail address was visible - in Forum Options in my Profile I selected "No" for "Display your email address: " - but I'm kind of new to this so I'd be grateful for any guidance if I got it wrong.

harryt51

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012

I really like the idea of PWM because it's a nice easy way to achieve good fan control straight from BIOS and to have access to fan settings so I can customise them, if I want to, without having to buy a separate fan control module, which is so not cutting edge technology anymore.

harryt51

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012

I think you're probably right on the money. From what I've read, it may well be that the physical characteristics of case fans larger than around 140mm make it impossible or impractical, or whatever, to incorporate PWM but I can't help being curious as to what, exactly, makes it so.