[SOLVED] 200W Z625 Speakers running on maybe 20% volume... Am I missing out?

Jan 2, 2022
Let me elaborate, I use the logitech Z625 as my desktop speakers, all I want to know is since I'm running them on fairly low volumes (thanks to their high power)
am I missing out on sound quality? Would it be better if I get something like bookshelf speakers with about 50W of power? All of this is just about the sound quality, I like a nice natural sound, not too bassy but not too flat or high in treble either. Z625s were a gift.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The simple answer is no. Yu could set the volume level in OS to 50% then manage higher volumes on the speakers to see if you're loosing any clarity or fidelity. I am curious though, to learn of how the speakers are tethered to your audio output device(your desktop). Considering it's a 200USD speaker system, you'd be best served by pairing it with a discrete sound card provided you're working with the onboard(bundled) sound card that's on the motherboard.

Reactions: BlackOrangutan

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The simple answer is no. Yu could set the volume level in OS to 50% then manage higher volumes on the speakers to see if you're loosing any clarity or fidelity. I am curious though, to learn of how the speakers are tethered to your audio output device(your desktop). Considering it's a 200USD speaker system, you'd be best served by pairing it with a discrete sound card provided you're working with the onboard(bundled) sound card that's on the motherboard.

Reactions: BlackOrangutan
Jan 2, 2022
Hey apologies for the late response, I have them connected via a Toslink cable. I might look into getting a sound card, any recommendations you have?

ASK THE COMMUNITY