[SOLVED] 200W Z625 Speakers running on maybe 20% volume... Am I missing out?

BlackOrangutan

Commendable
Jan 2, 2022
Let me elaborate, I use the logitech Z625 as my desktop speakers, all I want to know is since I'm running them on fairly low volumes (thanks to their high power)
am I missing out on sound quality? Would it be better if I get something like bookshelf speakers with about 50W of power? All of this is just about the sound quality, I like a nice natural sound, not too bassy but not too flat or high in treble either. Z625s were a gift.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The simple answer is no. Yu could set the volume level in OS to 50% then manage higher volumes on the speakers to see if you're loosing any clarity or fidelity. I am curious though, to learn of how the speakers are tethered to your audio output device(your desktop). Considering it's a 200USD speaker system, you'd be best served by pairing it with a discrete sound card provided you're working with the onboard(bundled) sound card that's on the motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The simple answer is no. Yu could set the volume level in OS to 50% then manage higher volumes on the speakers to see if you're loosing any clarity or fidelity. I am curious though, to learn of how the speakers are tethered to your audio output device(your desktop). Considering it's a 200USD speaker system, you'd be best served by pairing it with a discrete sound card provided you're working with the onboard(bundled) sound card that's on the motherboard.

Reactions: BlackOrangutan
Solution