2011v3 socket screw loose

Laessen

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have an Asus x99 Deluxe II that I bought used off ebay.

I've been having issues with only half my ram slots working (a and b channel do not work). Done all the regular swapping ram around and such. Ram is all confirmed working individually or even with all four slots right of the cpu socket populated (c and d channel). Once I put a ram stick in the left side it starts not recognizing my other ram and crashing the system... really weird.

When trying to reseat the CPU I noticed a screw is actually loose on the socket built onto the motherboard. It doesn't seem like it affects clamping pressure or anything but it probably isn't designed to be loose. Is this a known issue?

Already been in communication with asus support and am going to try to get RMA even though I bought used and it is near end of warranty.

The Ram slot issues is most likely related to bios being out of date, It was a common issue for a while and adding more voltage or changing RAM dividers sometimes can fix it, though update bios and it should fix and read all stick in every slot.

As for the screw being loose, you can snug it down, don;t go crazy with tightening it down though

Laessen

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
It was the screw. I had to get to the back of the motherboard and hold pressure on the backplate for it to be aligned correctly, otherwise it wouldn't screw in and turned freely.