sladetbask

Reputable
Aug 15, 2017
So I have this problem where a MacBook doesn’t boot. It is stuck on a completely white screen. No logo or anything. It plays the startup sound, the old classic one that’s been on macs for ages, but it never goes further than that. I’ve tried everything I can find, but nothing has worked. Examples are:
Pressing shift to boot into safe mode. This didn’t do anything.
Pressing alt+command+P+R, this does restart the computer but it doesn’t seem to do anything else.
shift+alt+command+power, this instantly shuts off the computer but doesn’t seem to do anything else.
Alt+command+R: doesn’t bring up Recovery mode.
Alt: this does bring up the boot menu but I only have one disk called “EFI boot”, if I click that it just freezes, my cursor stops being movable and nothing happens but the boot menu still displays.
I’ve also opened it up and nothing seems damaged in terms of hardware. Also, just thinking about what I can see, the bios seem to work since I can reach the boot menu. The GPU seems to work since it is able to display anything at all. The power supply doesn’t seem to have any problems since I haven’t charged it once.

so I don’t know if it’s a hardware or software problem, my guesses that I haven’t had time to try yet is maybe the RAM is bad, but I’ve heard that the laptop should beep three times if the RAM is bad. Also, the guy who I’m repairing for said he had put in a new SSD and that it was formatted. Idk what that means. Maybe it’s that simple, there is just nothing on the SSD to boot to. Idk but that shouldn’t be the answer either because he installed the new SSD in order to solve the problem so the problem predates the new SSD.

please tell me if you have any solutions you think might work or if you know what the root to the problem is :)