2013 Audi A8L: Nvidia Graphics, Wi-Fi, LED Lights, And Google Earth

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eriksquires

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014

If you listen to the B&O headphones you'll hear what I mean. This is what they want it to sound like. In my mind, it's a type of gimmicky sound that doesn't lend itself well to music lovers or long distance listening. Focal has released a fully integrated car solution for the Golf I believe. Breaks my heart they haven't brought it to the A line, but you can get a premium Focal speaker package installed for a lot less than the B&O package and be a lot happier. I'm sure other after market products would also be good, but I'm not their fanboy. :)

I was by the way REALLY happy to hear some one else immediately recognize the B&O upgrade's shortcomings.

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

I have a buddy that engineered a crossover upgrade for BMWs, the sound you can get from stock drivers is amazing with more power. I've also heard the factory Audi Bose speakers amplified in an A4, I think it was a B8 and it sounded quite good. Most of the time in luxury cars, its always just an issue of power but since they use 3-way active front setups, you can't easily just add an amp so people rip them out and put in cheap after market setups, which is a shame. There is quite a bit of headroom in factory systems if you can send more power and tune it a bit.

I was never fond of the Bose sound. To me, B&O is just Bose for people who think Bose is too cheap. I just made the poor assumption of thinking a $6300 sound upgrade package would be good. If you get a chance, give the Acura Krell system in the RLX a listen, its outstanding. The Krell guys had Acura upgrade the door bracing to reduce resonance. They put a lot of thought into that system.

jenniferrhicks

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
m­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­y­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ n­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­e­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­i­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­g­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­h­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­b­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­o­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­r’­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­s ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­s­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­i­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­s­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­t­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­e­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­r­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­-­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­in-­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­law ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­makes ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­$76 ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­hourly ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­on ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­the ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­computer. ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­She ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­has ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­been ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­without ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­work ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­for ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­six ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­months ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­but ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­last ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­month ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­her ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­income ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­was ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­$14418 ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­just ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­working ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­on ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­the ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­computer ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­for ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­fe­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­w ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ho­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­urs. ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­vi­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­sit ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­t­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­h­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­e ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­si­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­te­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­………….. ..www.J­­o­­­b­s­wo.C­­??

matteroffact

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
This writer should do his homework before he writes such damaging and absurd crap as this car not having USB/iPod integration. I own this car so I can tell you with 100% certainty that it has a USB port. It is inside the arm rest and I have an iPod Classic hooked up to it, which can be controlled via the MMI. Reviews like this can damage a brand just the way idiotic journalists spewed out uninformed lies about the cars driving off by themselves in the 80's

matteroffact

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
This writer should do his homework before he writes such damaging and absurd crap as this car not having USB/iPod integration. I own this car so I can tell you with 100% certainty that it has a USB port. It is inside the arm rest and I have an iPod Classic hooked up to it, which can be controlled via the MMI. Reviews like this can damage a brand just the way idiotic journalists spewed out uninformed lies about the cars driving off by themselves in the 80's

matteroffact

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

You are correct, ours did have the 30-pin iPod connector. I will correct that part. It did 100% certainly did not have USB, which is essentially standard on every other vehicle we have tested. You can buy a $70 Audi / VW MMI cable to use USB, but at $115k, this should be standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.