2013 Nissan GT-R Black Edition: The Gran Turismo Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

When compared to vehicles that cost $300k+, yes its quite the bargain!

i'd spend my money at the porsche dealer, and not worry about imploding transmissions.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I doubt that car has many problems.. That's Nissan's pride and joy.. The engine being hand built kind of shows that.. Even though its minor tech oriented the pure precision and technology that went into making this beast of a car is amazing.. Blows my little evo x out of the water ;-; but I feel happy lol..

natoco

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
It is a great bang for your buck car, but I lacks what the 300k cars have, soul and sound. Yeah I gets to 100 quick but it sounds like a vacuum doing so rather than a supercar. Would still love to have one though

Cataclysm_ZA

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I like the GT-R for a number of reasons, but the main one is that its very similar to Porsche. You can drive them to the racetrack, on the track or to the shopping mall in comfort. You can even service them yourself - looking at the hood everything's within an arm's reach and that makes maintenance easy. The reason why I most like it is because it's better than most super cars out there, yet costs half as much, just like the AUDI R8. How on earth Nissan keeps costs down while still performing so well is still a mystery.

Peter Reeves-Hall

Honorable
May 1, 2013
>is the GTR known to have imploding transmissions??

Early models had transmission issues with stop-go street racing.
there is a "hidden" launch control feature that gives you the ~3s 0-60mph times. However on early cars the revs that the clutch was dropped at were a little too punishing for repeat use. The later models (and earlier ones reprogrammed back at the dealership) had had the launch revs dropped and the algorithm tuned. I also hear the revided software car will only alow the driver to do a couple of such launches before you have to do some cool down miles so as to not overheat/brake the transmission. IMO most cars will break something if you keep dropping the clutch and bruning out every for a 0-60mph burn every 5 minutes for a few hours...

rshillshooter81

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I've never had a any problems with mine, the only down fall is the cost of the transmission flushes , brakes and tires, things like this. otherwise I've never had a problem and I've put 13k miles on mine now.

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

Sorry, didn't take any side shots of the car had to get everything done and drive to LA / LAX to drop it off to make my flight home the same day :).

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

Its a car for those that just want pure performance and none of the rest. I'll agree though, it does lack soul. You feel like its driving you rather than an extension of your hand, foot and mind.

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

Just out of curiosity, how much do the transmission flushes cost? I heard if you let the temp hit 250, the fluid needs to be changed right away or it will get very pissed off. And how much do the tires cost? I can't imagine those wide tires being very cheap.

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

We are a tech enthusiast site and embrace all aspects of tech, regardless of the platform.

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Fast but really ugly. For the price a ZR1 is way sexier and probably as fast in most situations. The GTR is a race car lacking the ascetics of a refined sports car.

Plenty of sites that do car reviews on the web and I hardly belief that anybody considering buying this one is going to let the NAV/Media benchmarks/performance be a deciding factor on the purchase. Tom's is moving further away from it's roots. Some people call it progress others fail.

rshillshooter81

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]tuanies[/nom]We are a tech enthusiast site and embrace all aspects of tech, regardless of the platform.[/citation]

They range anywhere from 980 + tax to 2,800 dollars depending on what dealership does it, how many quarts of fluid are used. The fluid going over 240 (don't quote me here I don't track my car) you are suppose to stop the car and change the oil ASAP. Tires cost anywhere from 2,000 -4,000 depending on what kind you want (run flats like dunlops). I am getting ready to put on a set of Michelin Pilot PS2's which cost a couple grand, one thing about a GT-R Nissan requires you to change all 4 tires at once unless a new tire fails and has very very small amount a use.

rshillshooter81

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]rolli59[/nom]Plenty of sites that do car reviews on the web and I hardly belief that anybody considering buying this one is going to let the NAV/Media benchmarks/performance be a deciding factor on the purchase. Tom's is moving further away from it's roots. Some people call it progress others fail.[/citation]

Just think, when you buy a Corvette and or Cameo they come with a free mullet. Try tracking either one of those cars.. ha ha fail.

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

The CTS-V Wagon is more my style, but I'm one of those weird wagon lovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.