2018 Christmas build under $1000 with black rgb case and aesthetic rgb pc parts

Sep 12, 2018
Looking for a build with rgb preferably thermaltake or cooler master rgb varieties. And a black rgb case. I want to game at 1440p and 1080p max settings with 60-80+ FPS for bigger games and 100+ for most ea titles and newer games. I want to overclock so preferably a cpu that can over clock and runs good with a asus 1070 rog gpu. I will be buying the pc on Christmas so Im hoping Black Friday or price drops will make pc building cheaper and be able to get better parts. I really like black cases with rgb and rgb thermaltake fans so that’s what I prefer for these parts in the thread, Thanks guys and merry early Christmas!

Really hard to say since you want exceptional holiday pricing and we're well over 2 months away from Black Friday. You also have to consider the new Nvidia and Intel lines of GPUs and CPUs will be releasing soon, and as is always the case with older gen models being phased out, their price depends on availability when the manufacturers stop making them.

Example, I recently saw Newegg drop the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 way down to $630 with mail in rebate, but only for a day or so to push out excess stock. Other GPUs in the 1000 series have had low prices as well, but now the more elite brands and models, even the EVGA 1080 SC, are rising back up in price as stock dwindles.

Another thing that makes it hard to predict is we don't know yet how the Intel 9000 series CPUs or Nvidia 2000 series GPUs will sell. There's only been brief review site claims on 9700k performance and nothing regarding 2000 series performance. Literally nothing that consumers can really trust yet.

Some have even speculated Nvidia's unwillingness to show any actual performance benches on the 2000 series, as well as hard selling preorders of top of the line aftermarket cooled units, if anything means they are hiding something. Which might be what has caused people to snatch up 1000 series GPUs IMO.

Sep 12, 2018