Question 2018 Razer Blade 15 power adapter overheating.

Nov 8, 2019
I have a 2018 Razer Blade 15, the power adapter began over heating about two weeks ago. I use it for my main computer and when home, I have it hooked up to an external keyboard, and dual monitor. I also use a USB Hub that has 4 things plugged into it. I use the computer for gaming and work. While gaming is when I really see it begin to overheat where it never did before up until two weeks ago.

The Power adapter gets so hot that I have to unplug it for a bit and run it off battery to give it an opportunity to cool off. Today when I got home from work, my laptop was off. I left it on when I left for work. I attempted to turn it back on but it would turn on for a second and then turn off. I unplugged the usb hub and it turned on with no problems.

Is it possible that the hub is drawing to much power? I realize this hub can be hooked to an external power source but didn't bother with it since it worked when I initially set it up without the external power. Or is my power adapter just going bad? I contacted Razer and they think my power adapter is faulty and wants to send me a new one. For the record I've had this setup like this for about 6 months now and never ran into this issue before.

Thanks in advanced!
Jacob

g-unit1111

Titan
I guess the question is how many devices do you have plugged into that hub? If you're using it to draw power it would probably be best if you plug in the adapter that came with it, otherwise you could do some damage to that A/C adapter.

It probably wouldn't do any long term damage to your laptop, you'd probably wind up just replacing the A/C adapter.