[SOLVED] 2019 27” A2115 5k iMac logic board question

Aboodness

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2013
I screwed up, when installing a new blade SSD in my iMac and missed a tiny mic, ribbon cable at the bottom center of the board. I ended up badly damaging the plastic clamping ribbon housing on the board. The computer works fine otherwise, the internal mic just doesn’t work. My question is, can the plastic housing be replaced? Link to image of the port on the motherboard

Solution
I screwed up, when installing a new blade SSD in my iMac and missed a tiny mic, ribbon cable at the bottom center of the board. I ended up badly damaging the plastic clamping ribbon housing on the board. The computer works fine otherwise, the internal mic just doesn’t work. My question is, can the plastic housing be replaced? Link to image of the port on the motherboard
Likely no without proper tooling. Is the mic important to you?
Likely no without proper tooling. Is the mic important to you?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS