Question 2019 Dell 7590 - Dell says max supported ram is 16gb, will it recognize another 16gb for a total of 32?

Jul 27, 2019
There are two SODIMM slots, it comes with 16gb from the factory and I would like to upgrade to 32gb (another 16gn stick), I could not find a definitive answer as some say it may work..

https://ibb.co/2WsbNpZ - specs

WaltzWorker

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
Well - you should open that compartment and take a look to see if it's one or more sticks providing you with the 16GB you have... My guess is that the two SODIMM Slots you have are filled up... If not then it would be best to obtain another stick with the same mfg, part number, etc...

Reactions: immo1
Jul 27, 2019
Well - you should open that compartment and take a look to see if it's one or more sticks providing you with the 16GB you have... My guess is that the two SODIMM Slots you have are filled up... If not then it would be best to obtain another stick with the same mfg, part number, etc...
There’s one stick that’s providing me with that 16gb, my plan is to order the exact same stick for the other open slot. my question is if the system will boot an operate with 32gb regardless of the published max memory..