Honorable
Feb 14, 2016
hi, its finally time to leave my old pc and get a new one

Mainly doing some streaming/lightroom-photoshop/fusion360 stuff

thinking of getting something like this:

MB: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
CPU FAN: NOCTUA NH-D15 Chromax Black
RAM: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3000 Ripjaws V Red Series - they are currently in my setup so dont really whant to get new ones
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 1070 Phoenix GS 8GB - ques this year wont be anything better than this card i have available
System SSD: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 2000 GB
HDD: 2x Seagate BarraCuda 8 TB for anime, photos and stuff
PSU: Corsair HX750i
PC box: Fractal Design Define S

not really sure about the board if it isnt overkill, for sound i use the magni-modi combo so dont care whats on the board
maybe gonna go with the standard noctua, my pc will be hidden under my table so dont care about lights or inside looks
anyone helpfull that has time helping me?
thanks in advance

Solution
can i ask why? first time going for AMD since athlon times :D
how much is it a difference in the rams speed, if its not worth the extra 350-ish bucks than i can live with that, also im gonna go with just 2x8gb, the other 2 sticks will go to my wifes pc
also, is the PSU enough if i add a 3070 in the future? or 40xx if it will be available since there are no cards :DDD
5900X is a montrousity that requires both good VRM's alongside a crazy good cooler ofcourse.
Both the ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING and NH-D15 fit the description.
In gaming there will be a difference between 3000mhz and lets say 3600mhz,but i think you will be fine with 3000mhz,no need to waste 200$ or more on 5-10fps.
Yes the psu is enough for even a 3080.
Its...

Ostogiske

Honorable
Feb 14, 2016
how much is it a difference in the rams speed, if its not worth the extra 350-ish bucks than i can live with that, also im gonna go with just 2x8gb, the other 2 sticks will go to my wifes pc
also, is the PSU enough if i add a 3070 in the future? or 40xx if it will be available since there are no cards :DDD

5900X is a montrousity that requires both good VRM's alongside a crazy good cooler ofcourse.
Both the ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING and NH-D15 fit the description.
In gaming there will be a difference between 3000mhz and lets say 3600mhz,but i think you will be fine with 3000mhz,no need to waste 200$ or more on 5-10fps.
Yes the psu is enough for even a 3080.
Its literally among side top 5 psu's on this list lol

Reactions: Ostogiske
Solution

Ostogiske

Honorable
Feb 14, 2016
and how is the airflow in the Fractal Design Define S ? looking for something neat to hide under my table so it has to have a filter for all the dust particles down there