[SOLVED] 2060 running at 100% on startup.

Sal1ty05

Commendable
May 2, 2021
When I boot up my PC the gpu fan runs at 100% for a few seconds then goes back to normal but when I turn off my pc maybe for an hour or so and then boot it back up it doesn't run at 100% but sounds pretty quiet. I'm wondering if this is normal behavior?

On a side note I'm not having any graphical or other issues regarding my pc. Everything seems to run fine but it never started doing that until i got the 5800x a week ago.

My build:
cpu: Ryzen 5800x
Mobo: msi 570x gaming edge.
PSU: corsair 850w
cpu cooler: corsair h60 liquid cool.
GPU: geforce RTX 2060 xc ultra

Last edited:
Solution
When I boot up my PC the gpu fan runs at 100% for a few seconds then goes back to normal but when I turn off my pc maybe for an hour or so and then boot it back up it doesn't run at 100% but sounds pretty quiet. I'm wondering if this is normal behavior?

On a side note I'm not having any graphical or other issues regarding my pc. Everything seems to run fine but it never started doing that until i got the 5800x a week ago.

My build:
It doesn't seem unusual to me. Many devices will default to a high fan speed for safety until they have initialized enough to read the sensors and ramp the fan down.

kanewolf

Titan

My build:
It doesn't seem unusual to me. Many devices will default to a high fan speed for safety until they have initialized enough to read the sensors and ramp the fan down.

Solution

Sal1ty05

Commendable
May 2, 2021
It shouldn't be much of a concern.

However, you could try opening up your PC case and see if any dusts has been building up on the fan; heavy fan usage at start could be your graphic card attempting to clear away the dust.

I just did a full cleaning few days ago. I just don't like the inconstant start up sounds.

Sal1ty05

Commendable
May 2, 2021
Did this happen BEFORE your full cleaning ?
No this started happening after i installed a ryzen 5800x. All the temps for cpu and gpu are normal.

It started this morning at 100% fan speed for 3 secs then went back to normal. I went to take a nap so i turned the pc off and came back 2 hours later turned it back on and it sounded normal without the gpu going 100% fan speed.

TRENDING THREADS