[SOLVED] 2060 Super Coil Whine

Nov 3, 2019
Hey, guys! I bought an ASUS 2060 SUPER EVO and it had coil whine in Dota 2 at max settings and in Heaven Benchmark but completely silent in FurMark. I RMA'd it. Ordered Palit 2060 SUPER JETSTREAM and it has the same problem. The coil whine comes from the GPU, not mobo or PSU.
My PC:
i7-9700k (no OC)
ASUS Z390 AORUS PRO
Corsair RM550x
I know that coil whine doesn't affect performance but I specifically bought a PC that works in silence (only little fan noise in games) but coil whine is so frustrating.

Reactions: Kracker7612
Solution
Well, the file is no longer present so I can't re-listen, and I am not there but, a couple things to try/observations from when I listened last:
  1. The sound was loudest when you were at the screen/speakers. I didn't hear anything but the fans when you were at the tower.
  2. Unplug everything from the sound card (including USB headphones). See if the noise goes away.
  3. Change the resolution on your screen. See if the sound changes pitch (or goes away).
Nov 3, 2019
It's not the fans because I checked it by stoping them with my hand. What do you mean 2060 will not be silent? The fan noise is okay but coil whine is a problem for me

Well, the file is no longer present so I can't re-listen, and I am not there but, a couple things to try/observations from when I listened last:
  1. The sound was loudest when you were at the screen/speakers. I didn't hear anything but the fans when you were at the tower.
  2. Unplug everything from the sound card (including USB headphones). See if the noise goes away.
  3. Change the resolution on your screen. See if the sound changes pitch (or goes away).

Solution
Dec 22, 2019
Hey, guys! I bought an ASUS 2060 SUPER EVO and it had coil whine in Dota 2 at max settings and in Heaven Benchmark but completely silent in FurMark. I RMA'd it. Ordered Palit 2060 SUPER JETSTREAM and it has the same problem. The coil whine comes from the GPU, not mobo or PSU.
My PC:
i7-9700k (no OC)
ASUS Z390 AORUS PRO
Corsair RM550x
I know that coil whine doesn't affect performance but I specifically bought a PC that works in silence (only little fan noise in games) but coil whine is so frustrating.

I have a 2060 evo super and yeah same...................

TRENDING THREADS