Question 2060 super low clock speeds after replacing cpu

Feb 8, 2021
ok so. i had a intel core i5 9600kf for about a year now. i overclocked it about 6 months ago and it burnt out. well sorta. idrk but i kept getting blue screen errors in certain application with the tag "clock watchdog timeout" which meant over clocking your stuff. so anyways. i removed overclocks on it and it changed nothing. so i just went out and bought myself a i7 9700k to replace it with. Everything is working fine meaning no more blue screen errors but one new thing started to happen.

My gpu is underclocking itself. kinda. while i was using my 9600kf my 2060 super would clock between 300 and 500mhz while idling which is way lower than the typical clock speed for that card. but i didnt care cause it was only when i was idling. when i was playing games however the card would clock at 1995 mhz consistently which is way higher than the advirtised boost clocks on 2060 supers. and once again i didnt really care. (fyi the card isn't factory oc'd and i never messed with it). anyways now that i have the 9700k in the pc the gpu is clocking at around 1100 mhz almost all the time and my fps in game is really suffering because of it ( i had over 200fps in valorant on high setting before swapping cpus and now i cant get over 100 on any config on settings)

In terms of power consumption. im pretty sure it would use around 180w when in those really high clocks on the old cpu which is about 105%. Now it stuggles to use 80w. it is even hitting 2070mhz while only using 30% of its TDP

i also just switched from an HDMI cable to a DP for my main monitor which is 165hz but idk if thats the problem

I know that is a lot to take in but if anyone knows what my problem is i would really appreciate any help i could get here

Ash95

Great
Dec 25, 2020
Add a benchmark for us to see.

Uninstall and reinstall your gpu drivers.

If that doesn’t solve it, then unfortunately you probably need to do a clean reinstall of windows.

Feb 8, 2021
ummm. call me an idiot cause im not sure what you want as a benchmark but. i do have this graph of my fps. The early part of the graph shows my fps when i am in "the range" aka practise area in Valorant. the spike up is when i am on the loading screen out and into another game. and the final portion is when i am in a real Valorant game. for refrence my fps is usually 3 times that muchhttps://media.discordapp.net/attachments/750234324938522654/808445080583143504/unknown.png