[SOLVED] 2060S fans revving randomly

Jul 9, 2019
I have a new 2060 Super from this summer. In the past month my card has started randomly revving its fans. It is completely random. Happens sometimes when I am gaming, sometimes when the computer is idling. It will happen 1 - 3 times. I usually turn off the computer when it happens. Then it will go away and come back in a day or two. Completely random.

What could this be and how do I fix it?

The temp. in the case is fine. The other fans are all working. Performance from the computer is fine.

Could it be a driver problem? Please help. It is starting to drive me nuts and I feel like something is wrong.

Solution
Well, this was their tl;dr solution:
The only working solution for me right now is creating a (noisy) custom fan curve that makes the fans start running at 40% speed to make sure they instantly start at around 50c/122f, skipping the problematic fan speed range.

If you can't do the above, then you can speak to a live agent to either return it (if you had it for less than 30 days) or RMA it. Just hit the [more] under your GPU.
Jul 9, 2019
Please help. I cannot figure this out.

No sensor (MSI Afterburner or HW Info) shows the speed at which the fans will start making noise at while idling. I thought I fixed it yesterday after removing all past drivers but now it has come back, 24 hours later.

This is my system:

Ryzen 5 2600x | Nvidia FE 2060S | 16 gb 3200mhz RAM | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Be Quiet 11 700w PSU | Fractal Meshify case | Asus MG278Q

Jul 9, 2019

saabir2007

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2013
The only working solution for me right now is creating a (noisy) custom fan curve that makes the fans start running at 40% speed to make sure they instantly start at around 50c/122f, skipping the problematic fan speed range.

If you can't do the above, then you can speak to a live agent to either return it (if you had it for less than 30 days) or RMA it. Just hit the [more] under your GPU.

Solution
Jul 9, 2019

Thank you for your suggestions.

My problem is that my GPU temp. is 28. Both fans are running very loudly from the moment Windows starts up no matter what I do.

HW Info claims that only 1 fan is running but this is false. I have unplugged and reattached the card twice. But it isn't reacting to any fan curves I set.

I feel like a crazy person. I just want to fix it.