[SOLVED] 2070 6+2 pin help.

Dec 7, 2021
I have bought a 2070 and am planning on running it with a corsair TX550M gold. On my last gpu it only required a 6 pin cable. On the psu it says 6+2 PCIe and that wire has 2 6+2 pins split, can I run the gpu from the one psu port to the split 6+2 connectors to the graphics card?

Solution
Yes, however, it would be "better", if the card requires TWO auxiliary supplemental power connections, to use a different port on the PSU and a different cable, for each of them, but it is not "essential" or "required". If Corsair felt there was a problem with using both connectors on a single cable, they wouldn't provide them that way.

So, using one cable for both connections or independent cables for each, either is acceptable.
Yes, however, it would be "better", if the card requires TWO auxiliary supplemental power connections, to use a different port on the PSU and a different cable, for each of them, but it is not "essential" or "required". If Corsair felt there was a problem with using both connectors on a single cable, they wouldn't provide them that way.

So, using one cable for both connections or independent cables for each, either is acceptable.

Solution