[SOLVED] 2070 bottleneck??

Dec 11, 2019
Right sorry in advance for the essay. This is my current spec. I5 4690k 16gb ddr3 and a evga ssc 970.

I want to basically upgrade everything so I can game 1440p in the upcoming months. So my first purchase will be a gtx 2070 then cpu/mobo then finally a monitor. But after reading a little bit I'm confused over bottlenecking. if I just replaced my aging 970 with the new 2070, would I see a drop in performance currently at 1080p,until I got my new cpu and Monitor etc?.

So would it be better and just wait and buy everything at once or not

Thanks

Solution
So would a 3600 do the job for 1440p. Also would I need to do any bios updates. Like I previously said. I'm a plug and play type of guy
Resolution has little impact on cpu usage, it’s your target FPS that matters. The 3600 is generally a good 100+ FPS cpu depending on the game.

As for BIOS that depends on motherboard choice. I assumed you knew as you were looking at the 9400 originally that a cpu upgrade needs a new motherboard & RAM.
So would a 3600 do the job for 1440p. Also would I need to do any bios updates. Like I previously said. I'm a plug and play type of guy
Resolution has little impact on cpu usage, it’s your target FPS that matters. The 3600 is generally a good 100+ FPS cpu depending on the game.

As for BIOS that depends on motherboard choice. I assumed you knew as you were looking at the 9400 originally that a cpu upgrade needs a new motherboard & RAM.

Solution