[SOLVED] 2070 heavily underperforming

Oct 7, 2020
as the title says my new 2070 ultra xc is underperforming pretty bad and i’ve tried every single solution on the internet with no success

Specs

2070 ultra xc
ryzen 5 2600 @3.9ghz
16gb ddr4 @2933mhz (dual channel)
gigabyte b700h 700w psu

i sometimes have low gpu utilization so that could mean a cpu bottleneck but i have the exact same specs and clock speeds as some benchmarks on youtube with the same card and cpu and still get significantly lower fps then what they do and it’s not because of temps because my gpu hovers around 65 and cpu around 70 under load

i’ve used ddu to uninstall all drivers and i’ve double checked nvidia control panel settings and windows power settings, my ram is in dual channel and reads at the speeds i have it set to, i really have no idea why this is happening to me, i’ve tried absolutely everything i’m close to giving up

please if anyone has any insight on this let me know and feel free to ask for any benchmark results or anything

Solution
Try rebooting windows using the windows reboot option. Windows enables fast boot by default, which caches the gpu driver every time windows shuts down, to allow a faster boot. Sometimes, the driver config goes wrong and the card doesn’t perform as well as it should. To fix this, disable windows fast boot or reboot your PC using windows reboot option as this allows the drivers to be reinstalled.
Oct 7, 2020
Try rebooting windows using the windows reboot option. Windows enables fast boot by default, which caches the gpu driver every time windows shuts down, to allow a faster boot. Sometimes, the driver config goes wrong and the card doesn’t perform as well as it should. To fix this, disable windows fast boot or reboot your PC using windows reboot option as this allows the drivers to be reinstalled.

Solution