2070 or 1080ti which one is more powerful for games

Solution
Even then Cuda's are king for pure gaming performance so while the price of a 1080ti is almost lower than the MSRP of the 2070 (which it will not go down to til Christmas) I would get the 1080ti no question. The only upgrade I would wait to see the impact of is GDDR6 Memory but tbh I don't think it will make much of a difference. RTX seems to be a more centralized graphics card architecture as opposed to a Gaming oriented monster like the 1080ti.

lachlanforster

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Even then Cuda's are king for pure gaming performance so while the price of a 1080ti is almost lower than the MSRP of the 2070 (which it will not go down to til Christmas) I would get the 1080ti no question. The only upgrade I would wait to see the impact of is GDDR6 Memory but tbh I don't think it will make much of a difference. RTX seems to be a more centralized graphics card architecture as opposed to a Gaming oriented monster like the 1080ti.

Solution

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Hopefully its implemented quickly, otherwise it could go the way of hardware T&L - When the first Geforce that came out that could do it, by the time it had widespread implementation the first cards were too slow anyway.