[SOLVED] 2070 or 2060 SUPER?? $1000 budget!

broidk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2015
So I am putting together a list for my friend for his first PC build at the $1000 mark. Was wondering which one is honestly going to be a better performer since they are basically the same amount of money, give or take $20-$40.

Solution
2060 Super is technically(marginally, as is VERY marginally xD) faster and newer. But to be quite fair, get whichever one is cheaper currently.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
So I am putting together a list for my friend for his first PC build at the $1000 mark. Was wondering which one is honestly going to be a better performer since they are basically the same amount of money, give or take $20-$40.

Hi @broidk

Whats the rest of your friends system going to look like hardware wise? Not trying to sound like a fanboy, but for the money, the 5700XT beats the 2060S across the board with only the 2070S giving it a run for it's money. Some models of the 5700XT are also cheaper as well.

Generic Gaming Tests: 2060S vs 2070S vs 5700XT

If he's only interested in an RTX GPU and the prices are close, then the 2070S is better overall than the 2060S.

Let us know what your friend ends up getting! :)

Edit: - Oops. I just noticed you were talking about a 2060 Super vs a non-super 2070.

Depending on what you end up putting together for him, you may be able to squeeze a little $$ from your build for a better GPU. (Eliminating excess RGB stuff or less fancy case, that sorta "adjustments")

broidk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2015
Hi @broidk

Whats the rest of your friends system going to look like hardware wise? Not trying to sound like a fanboy, but for the money, the 5700XT beats the 2060S across the board with only the 2070S giving it a run for it's money. Some models of the 5700XT are also cheaper as well.

Generic Gaming Tests: 2060S vs 2070S vs 5700XT

If he's only interested in an RTX GPU and the prices are close, then the 2070S is better overall than the 2060S.

Let us know what your friend ends up getting! :)

Edit: - Oops. I just noticed you were talking about a 2060 Super vs a non-super 2070.

Depending on what you end up putting together for him, you may be able to squeeze a little $$ from your build for a better GPU. (Eliminating excess RGB stuff or less fancy case, that sorta "adjustments")

So I am finding the the XT is like very similar to the 2060 super if not pumping out a few more frames. But are AMD's drivers better now? I mean what kind of problems could I run into using that over Nvidia nowadays.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So I am finding the the XT is like very similar to the 2060 super if not pumping out a few more frames. But are AMD's drivers better now? I mean what kind of problems could I run into using that over Nvidia nowadays.
The drivers have improved but they seam to be hit and miss on the video card itself. Some people are having no problems and some are having crashes. I believe it is a bad design on the actual card now more than the driver since some are running fine and some are not.

AMD would not even say they had a problem till so many people were Bit%%%% about the crashes and reliable reviewers called them out.

TRENDING THREADS