[SOLVED] 2070 or wait?

So my specs are on my sig.

I don't plan on changing anything other than the graphics, I still can run anything 60+FPS @ 1080p, wich is the resolution that I'll be keeping for a good few years (likely). Anyways, for a bit of leverage, and some more fps to catch up with my monitor's 144hz eyecandy, I was considering something like the RTX 2070, 2080 and up would be overkill (and overpriced too)

Of course there's a 'but', I could go for like a 1080, but thats obsolete tech, while RT haven't proved itself one can only expect that if sorta-ish must run on a high-end-ish 2070..

insights?

Solution
The RTX2060 will do ray tracing well at 1080p so you will benefit from that going forward.

I know not a lot out there at the moment implements it, but in 2-3 yrs are you going to regret not having it? Maybe.

The RTX cards also have DLSS - https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nvidias-rtx-dlss-technology/
Yeah, i'm still skeptical as it can be clearly told.

The 1080 is substantially cheaper than the 2070 for me, but its also going for the same price of a 2060 and is about 15% faster than it, though its nonetheless 'old' tech without the RT thingy wich is also the big '?'

regardless, the 2060 is 40% faster right off the bat than the 980, so a brawl between the 2060 and the 1080 is to be considered...

The RTX2060 will do ray tracing well at 1080p so you will benefit from that going forward.

I know not a lot out there at the moment implements it, but in 2-3 yrs are you going to regret not having it? Maybe.

The RTX cards also have DLSS - https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nvidias-rtx-dlss-technology/

Solution

thats one thing i didnt knew, for what Ive found around doing my own (small) researche, the 2080ti itself struggles with keeping 1080p @60fps with RT, so it had me worried and begged the question, why would they even add RT cores to a GPU that will obviously not be able to run with RT on.

but then again, if its there it IS supposed to work.

I guess it narrows down my decision between a 2060 and 2070.