[SOLVED] 2070 super + 7700k

skar1e

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
Hey everybody!

i recently upgraded my Radeon 7870 (really old graphic card), to a RTX 2070 Super. Mostly to play competitive games or high framerate ones, such as CSGO, Overwatch and so...

after i replaced everything, including drivers (DDU removal to clean it off), i noticed Overwatch didnt keep near to 300 fps always low settings, and some teamfights, it went down to 100 - 90, which i never had expereiced with my 7870, i always had over 160 fps with it.

i set aside my task manager to check cpu and gpu %, and my cpu was around 40% while my gpu was at 8%. im aware of a possibly bottleneck but i still find strange those framerates,

i reinstalled the game and still got under 200 fps, even with everything on low, i turened up some settings to give my GPU any kind of aditional charge but still no change.

any kind of idea whats going on with it?

System:

CPU: i7 7700k
MOBO: z270M mortar
RAM: 16gb dual channel
PSU: 600w

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You changed monitors too? HD 7870 results show 1600x900, as well as an unusually high amount of ram in use - almost half of it.
The 2070 Super results show 1920x1080, but the ram use wasn't as bad.

Check task manager again and the startup programs for what may be using up that ram - or could it be that you just left Chrome running while running the benchmark?

Make and model of the power supply?

skar1e

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
i did not change moinitors, i had 2 monitors plugged in while doing the test for 7870, and yea i had a couple firefox tabs open still that was the 7870 which its fine even with a bunch tabs,

with the 2070s, i did the benchmark only with one monitor (144hz)
so there was supposed to be anyting in the back

my PSU model its: a EVGA 600W white (still doubt its the issue)

You changed monitors too? HD 7870 results show 1600x900, as well as an unusually high amount of ram in use - almost half of it.
The 2070 Super results show 1920x1080, but the ram use wasn't as bad.

Check task manager again and the startup programs for what may be using up that ram - or could it be that you just left Chrome running while running the benchmark?

Make and model of the power supply?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Solution

skar1e

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
about mobo drivers yes everything up to date including audio drivers, my windows copy might not be fresh i tried to use the ddu tool to clean it up but im not quite sure if thats the reason i ll try to install a fresh copy during the weekend

yea both use different hz but i tried also to use one and still fps werent great at all

ill try both cleaners in a sec to try it out

Run a virus scan. You can use Adwcleaner. It's pretty good at finding things that can get past AVs: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
Run Windows System File Checker: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Motherboard drivers are up to date? If you updated Windows recently, you may need to reinstall them, as Windows sometimes prioritizes it's own, which is some BS.

Do the 2 monitors have different native refresh rates?

skar1e

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
update, cleaned everything with the malware thing, cleared the file checker, and still same results,

tomorrow ill install a a fresh copy of windows 10 to see if that can fix the issue.

!