[SOLVED] 2070 super and i7 7900k but stutters bad in games?

GoofyTheGoat

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
hello! a few months ago i bought a PC from bestbuy (see link at bottom of the post).

It is a very good pc but for some reason i can not play MW warzone without having hella stutters, i have friends who talk about playing Warzone at max setting and it runs smoothly. MY pc should be doing that but it doesnt lol.

My setting aren't even close to max but can only play around a sollid 80-90 fps with hella frame drops randomly when i get into gun fights.

My internet might be part of the issue but i dont think my pc shouldn't be running cod less than 100 fps and massive frame drops. dont you think? please help i need to use my pc to full potential lol. anymore questions i am happy to reply. Thank you guys!!!

My pc: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...lid-state-drive-black/6362981.p?skuId=6362981

hello! a few months ago i bought a PC from bestbuy (see link at bottom of the post).

It is a very good pc but for some reason i can not play MW warzone without having hella stutters, i have friends who talk about playing Warzone at max setting and it runs smoothly. MY pc should be doing that but it doesnt lol.

My setting aren't even close to max but can only play around a sollid 80-90 fps with hella frame drops randomly when i get into gun fights.

My internet might be part of the issue but i dont think my pc shouldn't be running cod less than 100 fps and massive frame drops. dont you think? please help i need to use my pc to full potential lol. anymore questions i am happy to reply. Thank you guys!!!

My pc: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...lid-state-drive-black/6362981.p?skuId=6362981
What's your monitor resolution and refresh rate?

GoofyTheGoat

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
Let's take online play out of the equation.
In addition to the requests above, run a UserBenchmark and post a link to the results.
hey man, thanks for helping me.. I usually only play online games, on cod I have some audio lag and for sure stutters with fps, then on apex legends i have ugly audio lag, as in my audio randomly cuts out and I can only sometimes hear my footsteps, then it fixes itself after a little while...but still I don't want to have a great pc but running <Mod Edit> lol. thanks again man!

My Benchmark test: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33570575

Last edited by a moderator:

GoofyTheGoat

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
make and model of the psu?
since it a ibuypower, check the cpu/gpu temp for overheating?

game on the ssd or hdd? how full is the ssd?
malware scan the system?
hey bro! thank you for helping me..im not going to lie to you idk the about the psu, thats why i put the link to the exact build i put. Hoping someone will no lmao. Most of my games are on my SSD and it is beginning to run out of space, but as of rn i have a solid 40 free GB left. and I'm sorry to have to ask but is it possible if you can link me to a trust worth malware scanner and program to check my temps aswell please. Idk which ones are good and i don't wana give myself a virus trying to find one lol. Thank you so much for your help again!!

Your CPU, Video card, and SSD look like they're having issues, especially the SSD.
The important numbers here are the relative performance of the components. The lines that say, "Performing way below expectations (17th percentile)".

Run HWiNFO64 (sensors only) in the background as you game to see what your temps get up to and what your min/max frequencies are at. Let us know what you find.