Question Issue with 2070 Super , Inputs / Solutions PLEASE

realityHD

Prominent
Jul 19, 2019
Hello all i Recently just pretty much got a whole new PC and had a 1050ti and now have a 2070 Super. im literally only getting maybe 10-20 better framerate at the most on low graphics settings in the games i play and that seems extremely underwhelming and off considering the difference, ill leave the specs from my old system and then the ones for my new and hopefully someone could tell me my problem here

OLD
CPU
:
AMD 6300 FX
GPU:Nvidia 1050ti ( Dont know the brand)
PSU:Dont know the brand but it was a 400W
MOBO: Gigabyte gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3 (rev. 1)
RAM: GoldKey Neo Forza 16GB DDR4-2400

New
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (Not OC'd)
GPU:EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
PSU :Corsair RM 750x Gold
MOBO:ASUS Prime X470-PRO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16G DDR4-2133

Any help would be greatly appreciated, idk maybe i was expecting too much but i feel like i may be bottlenecking it or am just doing something wrong. thanks for your time and answers.

Are you sure that's accurate? Your old system's processor and motherboard should have only supported DDR3, so I'm not sure how you would have been running DDR4 on it.

im literally only getting maybe 10-20 better framerate at the most on low graphics settings in the games i play and that seems extremely underwhelming and off considering the difference
What resolution are you running these games at? A 2070 Super is going to be way overkill for running games at low settings, especially if you're only at a relatively low resolution like 1080p. That card is probably better suited to running games at 1440p with ultra settings. A 2070 Super is technically around four times as fast as a 1050 Ti, but with a high-end card like that running at low settings, the graphics card will not be getting utilized to its full potential, and your performance is likely to be limited entirely by CPU performance.

And slow RAM will hold back CPU performance somewhat, especially on a Ryzen processor. That processor officially supports DDR4-2933, and ideally, you should be pairing it with DDR4-3000 or 3200, and activating the memory profile in your motherboard's BIOS to enable those higher speeds. It's possible that your DDR4-2133 could be overclocked to run at higher speeds, but that might take a lot of configuring and testing, and achieving those higher clock rates is not guaranteed.

realityHD

Prominent
Jul 19, 2019
im running them at 1920x1080 on a 144hz monitor and yeah i meant ddr3 for the gold key thats my bad

so what would a possible solution or way to improve this be?

im also going to include my nvidia control panel specs because that might be causing some issues as well.

Ambient Occlusion - Off
Anisotropic Filtering - Off
Antialiasing -FXAA - Off
- Gamma Correction - Off
- Mode - Off
CUDA - GPUs - All
DSR - Factors - Off
DSR - Smoothness - Off
Max pre-rendered frames - 1
MFAA - Off
OpenGL - Auto
Power Management Mode - Prefer Max Performance
Refresh Rate - Highest Available
Shader Cache - On
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimization - On
- Negative LOD Bias - Allow
- Quality - High Performance
- Trilinear Optimization - On
Threaded Optimization - ON
Triple Buffering - Off
Vsync - Off
VR Pre-Rendered Frames - 1

I set these all like this for my 1050ti build and havent changed them or restored back since.
Anyone please help.

realityHD

Prominent
Jul 19, 2019
Hello all i Recently just pretty much got a whole new PC and had a 1050ti and now have a 2070 Super. im literally only getting maybe 10-20 better framerate at the most on low graphics settings in the games i play and that seems extremely underwhelming and off considering the difference, ill leave the specs from my old system and then the ones for my new and hopefully someone could tell me my problem here

OLD
CPU:
AMD 6300 FX
GPU:Nvidia 1050ti ( Dont know the brand)
PSU:Dont know the brand but it was a 400W
MOBO: Gigabyte gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3 (rev. 1)

New
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (Not OC'd)
GPU:EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
PSU :Corsair RM 750x Gold
MOBO:ASUS Prime X470-PRO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16G DDR4-2133

Any help would be greatly appreciated, idk maybe i was expecting too much but i feel like i may be bottlenecking it or am just doing something wrong. thanks for your time and answers.

realityHD

Prominent
Jul 19, 2019
im running them at 1920x1080 on a 144hz monitor i meant ddr3 for the gold key

im also going to include my nvidia control panel specs because that might be causing some issues as well.

Ambient Occlusion - Off
Anisotropic Filtering - Off
Antialiasing -FXAA - Off
  • Gamma Correction - Off
  • Mode - Off
CUDA - GPUs - All
DSR - Factors - Off
DSR - Smoothness - Off
Max pre-rendered frames - 1
MFAA - Off
OpenGL - Auto
Power Management Mode - Prefer Max Performance
Refresh Rate - Highest Available
Shader Cache - On
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimization - On
  • Negative LOD Bias - Allow
  • Quality - High Performance
  • Trilinear Optimization - On
Threaded Optimization - ON
Triple Buffering - Off
Vsync - Off
VR Pre-Rendered Frames - 1

I set these all like this for my 1050ti build and havent changed them or restored back since.
Anyone please help.

realityHD

Prominent
Jul 19, 2019
i did not, i need to get a copy of windows from one of my buddys i have all my product keys but dont have the actual copy of windows itself would a clean install possibly help ?

DSzymborski

Titan
i did not, i need to get a copy of windows from one of my buddys i have all my product keys but dont have the actual copy of windows itself would a clean install possibly help ?

You always should do a full wipe and reinstall when changing hardware. Sometimes it looks like it's working and you end up chasing gremlins for months. Windows installs are not modular like Lego unless you have a very specific Windows-to-Go version.

There's also a possibility there's some hardware problem, but you won't be able to tell until you have the software properly installed without cutting corners!

You'll want to get a USB flash drive and use Microsoft's Windows Media Creation Tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10