[SOLVED] 2070 super coil whine

Nov 8, 2019
Was looking for a new card and got myself a gigabyte 2070 super. But apart from the loud fan the coil whine was very loud.
So I returned it an ordered an msi trio x 2070 super. The coil whine is not that bad like the gigabyte but I still there.
The coil whine is only audible while gaming and i can only hear it when a game is very quiet in some situations.
But i mean the card costs over 500 bugs and should be "working properly".
I also don't want to buy and return card until I get a "good" one.

My 1070 and 1060 also have little coil whine.

Could the reason for coil whine be my psu and motherboard, or is it more likely that all four cards have coil whine?
I tested the cards on two different computers, but it didn't fix the coil whine. But both computers have a bequiet PSU and msi mainboard (but different models).

What are your experiences about coil whine and the 2070 super?

Solution
It's more a luck of the draw, loads of people get that mosfet buzz with the new/high-end cards. you can try lowering the power going through the card through MSI or evga precision, though most people just ignore it or can barely hear it when wearing headphones. I have a 2080Ti and my coil whine used to be pretty loud but after a while it became less audible. I can still hear it a little but it doesn't bother me anymore. Ironically, I'm actually pushing MORE power into my 2080Ti, about 330 watts from the initial 300, and it got quieter.
It's more a luck of the draw, loads of people get that mosfet buzz with the new/high-end cards. you can try lowering the power going through the card through MSI or evga precision, though most people just ignore it or can barely hear it when wearing headphones. I have a 2080Ti and my coil whine used to be pretty loud but after a while it became less audible. I can still hear it a little but it doesn't bother me anymore. Ironically, I'm actually pushing MORE power into my 2080Ti, about 330 watts from the initial 300, and it got quieter.

Solution
Nov 8, 2019
Thank you for the answer. Will it be worth trying a new one or what are the chances getting a good one :)