[SOLVED] 2070 super not working properly

reuben751

Reputable
Jan 24, 2018
Recently bought MSI Ventus OC and all worked until I ran UserBenchmark and the 1st time I ran it was extremely underperforming than on 2nd times round it dropped even more until completely not working
I don't know if it is due to my possibly putting the power supply pins wrong or in the wrong way
Aswell when running the card there is a whining noise I can hear

Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated

I believe an RTX 2070 Super card requires one 8 pin connector and one 6 pin power connector. The power cables coming from the PSU will only fit one way into the card's connectors. If you try to put them in the wrong way, they will not go in at all. The only way to connect them'wrong' would be to not push them in all the way. You should hear a click when they are pushed all the way in.

Maybe one of the connectors was pushed all the way in and the other one wasn't?

Also the recommended PSU is 650W.

Last edited:

reuben751

Reputable
Jan 24, 2018
I believe an RTX 2070 Super card requires one 8 pin connector and one 6 pin power connector. The power cables coming from the PSU will only fit one way into the card's connectors. If you try to put them in the wrong way, they will not go in at all. The only way to connect them'wrong' would be to not push them in all the way. You should hear a click when they are pushed all the way in.

Maybe one of the connectors was pushed all the way in and the other one wasn't?

Also the recommended PSU is 650W.
I believe I sorted the problem, the pins were pushed in incorrectly, but it is still performing below expected which might have something to do with my cpu bottlenecking