[SOLVED] 2070 super or 2080 super?

Solution
I used to own an "ASUS RoG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced Edition", and I used it for 1440p @ 144Hz gaming, and that seemed to be a perfect match for both high FPS and 1440p, with high quality visual settings in-game as well.

I later upgraded to an "ASUS RoG Strix RTX 2080 Super OC Edition" which I currently use for the same 1440p, 144Hz monitor, and while I did see a few more FPS, it is not really anything I noticed unless I really paid attention to it or ran a benchmark.

The performance increase of the RTX 2080 Super, does not justify the extra cost, in my opinion (having owned both cards), if you look at price vs performance at 1440p.

I did not upgrade because I felt like I lacked performance, it was a purely because I was offered...
I used to own an "ASUS RoG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced Edition", and I used it for 1440p @ 144Hz gaming, and that seemed to be a perfect match for both high FPS and 1440p, with high quality visual settings in-game as well.

I later upgraded to an "ASUS RoG Strix RTX 2080 Super OC Edition" which I currently use for the same 1440p, 144Hz monitor, and while I did see a few more FPS, it is not really anything I noticed unless I really paid attention to it or ran a benchmark.

The performance increase of the RTX 2080 Super, does not justify the extra cost, in my opinion (having owned both cards), if you look at price vs performance at 1440p.

I did not upgrade because I felt like I lacked performance, it was a purely because I was offered a very good deal.

For 4K though, I'd go for the 2080 Super.

Solution
Jan 3, 2020

The performance increase of the RTX 2080 Super, does not justify the extra cost, in my opinion (having owned both cards), if you look at price vs performance.

I did not upgrade because I felt like I lacked performance, it was a purely because I was offered a very good deal.

(for 4K though, I'd go for the 2080 Super)

Oh Thanks, im thinking of getting the 2070 super windforce oc: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product...-windforce-oc-3x-video-card-gv-n207swf3oc-8gd
Do you think its any good?

I have never personally owned a Gigabyte graphics card, but after a quick look at reviews, it seems to be a good graphics card with a very good cooler and low temperatures and decent noise levels.

So unless you find something at a lower price, I think it should be a good buy, although I don't have any personal hands-on experience with the graphics card in question.

Jan 3, 2020
I have never personally owned a Gigabyte graphics card, but after a quick look at reviews, it seems to be a good graphics card with a very good cooler and low temperatures and decent noise levels.

So unless you find something at a lower price, I think it should be a good buy, although I don't have any personal hands-on experience with the graphics card in question.
Ok thanks!