[SOLVED] 2070 Super Underperforming in every game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2021
I upgraded my graphics card from a 1050 to a 2070 super and ive noticed that the difference in fps are barely any different. Ive tried reinstalling drivers, a clean install of windows, and my display cable is connected to the 2070. I've tried to fix it for months and i dont know what the problem is, ive gotten new ram, replaced my cpu cooler, and even bought a new psu but it still is just not performing well. I even get fps drops and stutters in minecraft and valorant, games like rust and gta are unplayable from the amount of fps drops.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
32GB DDR4 Dual Channel
750w Bronze PSU
500gb SSD and a 2tb hdd
ASUS PRIME B450 PLUS
NZXT H510

Solution
You should use DDU to make sure it's not driver related.
What is the exact make and model of your PSU? You only mentioned wattage and efficiency.
You should use DDU to make sure it's not driver related.
What is the exact make and model of your PSU? You only mentioned wattage and efficiency.

Solution
I upgraded my graphics card from a 1050 to a 2070 super and ive noticed that the difference in fps are barely any different. Ive tried reinstalling drivers, a clean install of windows, and my display cable is connected to the 2070. I've tried to fix it for months and i dont know what the problem is, ive gotten new ram, replaced my cpu cooler, and even bought a new psu but it still is just not performing well. I even get fps drops and stutters in minecraft and valorant, games like rust and gta are unplayable from the amount of fps drops.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
32GB DDR4 Dual Channel
750w Bronze PSU
500gb SSD and a 2tb hdd
ASUS PRIME B450 PLUS
NZXT H510
Run userbenchmark and post a link here to the results

It's possible you have a defective 2070 super...

But before you RMA the card there are a few things to check:

Are you on displayport or hdmi ? If using hdmi your monitor may be limiting you to 60fps...if your monitor supports it you should be running on displayport.

Have you replaced the cable between your monitor and gpu ?

What temps are you seeing on the cpu and gpu while trying to game ?

Are you letting Windows control your system page file or using a custom sized page file ? If using a custom size reset it to let Windows control it.

Jan 3, 2021
Should be a huge difference. Only thing i can think of is you may be using Geforce Experience to optimise games? Because it will optimise games at higher DSR / antialiasing levels based on the quality slider.
i have it turned off on all my games.

Jan 3, 2021
It's possible you have a defective 2070 super...

But before you RMA the card there are a few things to check:

Are you on displayport or hdmi ? If using hdmi your monitor may be limiting you to 60fps...if your monitor supports it you should be running on displayport.

Have you replaced the cable between your monitor and gpu ?

What temps are you seeing on the cpu and gpu while trying to game ?

Are you letting Windows control your system page file or using a custom sized page file ? If using a custom size reset it to let Windows control it.
I have tried replacing the cable and im using a displayport cable
my gpu and cpu temps are about 50 when im gaming
im not sure what a page file is or how to check it

First thing I notice is that you do not have XMP/DOCP enabled and you lose lot of performance there. Enable it through BIOS.

Your RAM also shows as 9.9GB free from the 32GB... You were either doing some heavy work, or you have something that eats up lots of it. Malware maybe? Do a scan with malwarebytes.

Your background CPU utilisation is a bit high as well. Make sure you are not running anything else when running the benchmark.

Do those three things and rerun it sharing the link to the results please.

Jan 3, 2021
First thing I notice is that you do not have XMP/DOCP enabled and you lose lot of performance there. Enable it through BIOS.

Your RAM also shows as 9.9GB free from the 32GB... You were either doing some heavy work, or you have something that eats up lots of it. Malware maybe? Do a scan with malwarebytes.

Your background CPU utilisation is a bit high as well. Make sure you are not running anything else when running the benchmark.

Do those three things and rerun it sharing the link to the results please.
i tried doing to DOCP thing and after i selected the docp profile i restarted my pc and it said it was unstable so i had to change it back

After, I scanned with malwarebytes and i had 35 detections...

Here is my new benchmark : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37988180

i tried doing to DOCP thing and after i selected the docp profile i restarted my pc and it said it was unstable so i had to change it back

After, I scanned with malwarebytes and i had 35 detections...

Here is my new benchmark : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37988180

So with malware removed what's your gaming experience like now?

Uswrbench looks OK, your ram is still holding you back.

Should be able to hit 2666mhz even with 32gb 4, that's still going to give you a performance boost.

Jan 3, 2021
Without DOCP, you need to put the settings manually. If you leave it as is, you are crippling your system performance for sure.

As an alternative, you can check your motherboard's verified list of memory sticks and buy a kit that is in the list, after selling yours.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azFYdiH9Hns

Is your ssd connected with a sata 3 cable? Do you have TRIM enabled?
yes TRIM is enabled and my ssd is connected with a sata 3 cable

i also changed my ram mhz to 2666 and it didnt reboot so looks like thats the highest i can get.

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Under these circumstances and knowing you're illegally acquiring content and being compromised in the meantime it would be best for everyone involved for you to start again. That means Fresh Windows install from USB and all necessary drivers to go with and then go from there. There's too many IFs here in your current state to continue.

Obviously 2070s is a superior upgrade and should have been evident of that. Being plagued viruses is the most likely scenario here.

Status
Not open for further replies.