Question 2070 Super vs 5700XT Opinions

I'm in the market for a new card, currently have a 1070, and I've seen the raw benchmarks of both the 2070 Super and 5700XT. Both cards are great, and I'm leaning towards the 5700XT because of the much better price to performance however I don't know if the extra 100 bucks for Ray Tracing and DLSS is worth it this generation? Yes I'm aware that the normal 2070s are on sale but none are on sale enough IMO to lose the 10-15% performance boost of the Super.

I'm a little skeptical about both technologies making any real impact for gaming (seeing as ray tracing has huge performance hits and IMO add minimal to the graphics, and DLSS seems to make games look blurry) in the next few years and by then it'll be time for a new GPU or new build all together. Just want some of your guys' opinions.

No dont buy the 2070 super just for rtx and dlss. Dlss makes the game look really bad and blury and trust me you cant see that only from youtube videos. Rtx is useless too you probably use it for 1-2 singleplayer games but it is not worth the fps loss. I have RTX 2080 and i cant play anything at 1440p all ultra with rtx at ultra settings games most of the times crash or the fps loss is so big that the game is unplayable so i have to drop it at least at high. Probably nvidia will realese new cards again after 6 months that are cheaper and perform better like they did with 2080 and 2070 super so just buy AMD card.

Last edited:
Every buyer will have to make those performance/price trade-off choices...(but a lot of folks complain about fan noise on 5700/5700XT from what I hear, I'd research this a little of fan noise/ramp-up is a concern. The quiter aftermarket fan/heatpipe solutions should be forthcoming)

Every buyer will have to make those choices...(but a lot of folks complain about fan noise on 5700/5700XT from what I hear, I'd research this a little of fan noise/ramp-up is a concern)

Yeah I plan on waiting for the third party 5700XT cards because blower cards suck and why AMD went with them is beyond me. I just wanted opinions on if the DLSS and RayTracing really is worth the extra money right now.