2070 vs 1080t (from any manufacture with triple fans)

Sep 14, 2018
I'm torn between buying a 2070 or a 1080ti. When checking specification it's vaguely a difference 10-20 MHz difference but with 2070 aiming towards GDDR6 and 14GBps while 1080ti sports 3 more GB RAM comparing to 8 GB the 2070 offers. The 1080ti is a GDDR5 with 11gbps. The read write speed may affect in future updates by Nvidia.

Question is both are bang for buck, but one would stay a little longer and other is future. Budget is not a problem, but the decision to with it is a migraine at best. Lol

Also, which brand I should go for? Asus, MSI, Gigabyte or Zotac?

Another point, looking for anyone's opinion who own one of these cards, do tell your experience upon using them.

Note: My 980GTX of 3 years became kapoot 5 weeks ago. So if I go for a 2070 (Zotac amp extreme for instance) then that's considered a step up. If I had a 1080 then this decision would have been real easy.

Solution
I am not sure as to why you have asked your question as it seems you already have made up your mind on which one to purchase, unless you just wanted reassurance on your decision. If you want to buy the 2070 please do go for it-there is potential for it to be a great card with driver maturity and if future tech gets implemented. No matter what articles or specs you post the bottom line is that in gaming the 1080ti is clearly a better card.
If you're going for raw performance, then the 1080ti is 20-30% faster. The ray tracing technology seems exciting, but I don't know if many will implement this new technology in the future games.
Personally I'd go for the 1080ti.
Asus Strix editions are one of the best, but you can't go wrong with either of the brands.

Definitely the 1080ti-The 2070 does have tech not available to the 10xx series but at the same time it is unknown whether they will ever get implemented or be widely supported. Its the same deal with PhysX-a tech promised to be revolutionary but a small number of developers ever bothered with it.

Just look up the different reviews available and see for your self-the 1080ti is the more powerful card out of the two. If you are worried about future tech it can be a gamble as it is up to the developers to implement them. Both ray tracing and DLSS are promised technologies that are meant to be "revolutionary" but its not the first time a new tech has been ignored by developers-look at PhysX for example. Maybe down the line with drivers maturing the performance line between the 1080ti and the 2070 will blur a tad more but as of right now the 1080ti is the better of the two.

Sep 14, 2018
Well reviews don't actually blur the lines on making a decision that well rather hearing what he/she says. While the specs speak for itself to expect how the performance is going to be. Also, I had a 980GTX so again, the only thing so far 1080ti has over the 2000 series minus its own TI is the 3 GB memory above it. Though the 2000 series has GDDR6 which clearly means, when updates arise for these cards then the performance would differ.

Not actually saying 1080ti is slower than the rest. But like I said, if I had that card or 1080, then definitely there's no point going for a 2000 series card.

Sep 14, 2018

Going from a 980GTX to 1080Ti, wonder if it's a "reliable" upgrade. Also, the specs are considerably different.

For Asus 1080TI: https://videocardz.com/67318/asus-rog-strix-gtx-1080-ti-oc-specifications-revealed

For Asus 2070: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING/specifications/

Example ^

I am not sure as to why you have asked your question as it seems you already have made up your mind on which one to purchase, unless you just wanted reassurance on your decision. If you want to buy the 2070 please do go for it-there is potential for it to be a great card with driver maturity and if future tech gets implemented. No matter what articles or specs you post the bottom line is that in gaming the 1080ti is clearly a better card.

Solution
Sep 14, 2018

It's for reassurance which is why I took this query here. And, being an owner (well the card is defected almost 4 weeks ago now) of a Zotac 980GTX Amp for 3 straight years, you think going for a 1080ti is viable? Also, 1080ti is almost equal to 2080 in many gaming aspect and comparison I saw so far.