[SOLVED] 2070 with my hardware, does it make sense?

Jan 4, 2020
Hello,

A great friend of mine would lend me his GEFORCE RTX 2070 AERO 8G to play Cyberpunk properly.

My questions are: Is my PSU enough for his card? Is easy to just change the GPU and play? Will I see an improvment or my current gear will cause a bottleneck? (CPU etc)

Thank you very much for your help!

Attached my gear:

CPU: Ryzen 2600x six core 3,6 ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte b450 AORUS M
Ram: 16gb DDR4 channel : dual
SSD/HDD: KingSTON SA1000M8240G (OS) + 1 hybrid, and 1 ssd
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1070 GTX INNO3D
PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 730W
Chassis: ---

Solution
Hello,

A great friend of mine would lend me his GEFORCE RTX 2070 AERO 8G to play Cyberpunk properly.

My questions are: Is my PSU enough for his card? Is easy to just change the GPU and play? Will I see an improvment or my current gear will cause a bottleneck? (CPU etc)

Attached my gear:

The CPU is just fine. The RAM depends on the speed, which you did not mention.

The PSU is very unsuited for a build with any GPU that...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hello,

Attached my gear:

The PSU is very unsuited for a build with any GPU that requires supplementary power, a cheap group-regulated PSU of ancient design. I wouldn't have this GPU on at all with this PSU. Thermaltake has a few decent PSUs in their portfolio (generally the Toughpower series) and this is not one of them. The Smart series is anything but.

Reactions: sizzling and dotas1
Solution
Jan 4, 2020
Thanks to both of you for the answers.

The PSU is very unsuited for a build with any GPU that requires supplementary power, a cheap group-regulated PSU of ancient design. I wouldn't have this GPU on at all with this PSU. Thermaltake has a few decent PSUs in their portfolio (generally the Toughpower series) and this is not one of them. The Smart series is anything but.
Thank you! So in your opinion I should not risk to install it with this PSU? I risk to burn it? If I really have to buy a new PSU maybe I could buy a PSU that would last a long time, even for when I'll get a 3080... What's your opinion?

The Ram is 2400 MHz

THANK YOU again

TRENDING THREADS