[SOLVED] 2080 Gaming X Trio bracket do I need it?

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all.

I have an Msi Rtx 2080 Trio Gaming X Trio.
The card came with a bracket. As I know it suppose to prevent the card from sagging.
My case is a Be Quiet Pure Base 500Dx.

And this bracket is pain to install.Looks like it does not hold much on the card. When finally I installed on the proper way the bracket as soon I move the computer back to its place the bracket like swings out. So its not tight again.

Do I need any bracket or it is not necessary for this heavy beast? My mobo is Msi Z490 Unify btw.

Thanks for your replies.

Solution
Okay Guys.
I found the solution.
Finally today I figured out how to install properly that bracket which came with the card.
I will write down my procedure if someone also going to meet with this problem.

1.Adjust the bracket and hold it tight to the Gpu.
2.Screw the screws not too tight with your other hand. Start with the bottom one and the top one. In the meantime still hold the bracket to the card.
3. Tight the screws but not too tight otherwise the bracket will move away from its position. Hold the bracket to the card untill you finish. Otherwise the bracket is going to be loose.

Now that bracket holds the Vga in the middle tight at the edge is a little bit loose but for its purpose it is perfect. And does not touch the fans at...

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Btw I just noticed something. I found that the case has space on the back of the case where the gpu has been slided in.

I show you:
247592_20201117_122941.jpg

So do I need that bracket at all?

Thanks.

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Okay Guys.
I found the solution.
Finally today I figured out how to install properly that bracket which came with the card.
I will write down my procedure if someone also going to meet with this problem.

1.Adjust the bracket and hold it tight to the Gpu.
2.Screw the screws not too tight with your other hand. Start with the bottom one and the top one. In the meantime still hold the bracket to the card.
3. Tight the screws but not too tight otherwise the bracket will move away from its position. Hold the bracket to the card untill you finish. Otherwise the bracket is going to be loose.

Now that bracket holds the Vga in the middle tight at the edge is a little bit loose but for its purpose it is perfect. And does not touch the fans at all.

I hope I could help for those who had the samd problem as me.

Btw. Thank everyone's help.

Solution