Question 2080 Super Cant Remove

Feb 23, 2022
I’ve been sitting here trying to push down on the lever to remove my graphics card and to be honest I’m not really sure if it’s broken or it’s supposed to look like this but my graphics card will not come out. Motherboard is a X570-Pro, can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong? I’ve already removed the screws holding the graphics card in place
View: https://imgur.com/a/dWCvSTr

Help
Please

Feb 23, 2022
Try these steps what other people suggested in past. I broken my Lever part off trying to remove my GPU lol

I saw that, I’m kind of confused on whether that metal in the picture is the lever or my graphics card bending from the slot

By looking at motherboard and such it is metel lever try those steps and see if it comes off

3074886-l-a.jpg

Feb 23, 2022
I feel you, it took me 2 hours to remove my GTX 750 Ti yesterday to put in another GT 710
Lucky for me I tried starting my pc up with a new 3090 and 5900x and had to take it all out to update my motherboard which I'm assuming is the problem as to why I'm getting no display.. and as I'm removing my 3090 the metal piece has snatched off and I can't push the card back into the slot as it's stuck in sideways and won't push in because my gpu is stuck in my motherboard again... so not really sure what to do now LOL

Feb 23, 2022
Where did you get a 3090!?!? Did you sell your liver?
Prices are dropping a bit surprisingly so I just pulled the trigger on it, you can probably find some on facebook market place for a decent price.

Also update, I yanked it out and broke the piece that holds the gpu in and I'm happy now because I don't have to worry about a stupid lever. At the end of the day the lever is gone and I'm happy I can take my gpu out in peace.

Prices are dropping a bit surprisingly so I just pulled the trigger on it, you can probably find some on facebook market place for a decent price.

Also update, I yanked it out and broke the piece that holds the gpu in and I'm happy now because I don't have to worry about a stupid lever. At the end of the day the lever is gone and I'm happy I can take my gpu out in peace.

Becareful now with the lever thing broken its not secure so make sure that you screwed the gpu in so tight that it cant move and make sure you dont shake your case and such!

Stoutscientist

Prominent
Dec 13, 2021

Yeah I'm waiting for a price drop for something decentish like a 1650 to upgrade from my 750