Question 2080 super oc stuck at 1600mhz and 7.7GHZ Mem clock

Is your GPU also stuck at 1635 during gaming?

7.7 GHz is the correct speed for your RAM

GDDR6 RAM is "quad pumped". To find the Effective clock you multiply 2x2.

So the Base Frequency of your RAM would be 3850 MHz. You then multiply that by two, which is 7700MHz, which you again multiply by two, which is 15.400MHz or 15.4GHz

micidontknowhelpme

Commendable
Jan 25, 2020
Is your GPU also stuck at 1635 during gaming?

7.7 GHz is the correct speed for your RAM

GDDR6 RAM is "quad pumped". To find the Effective clock you multiply 2x2.

So the Base Frequency of your RAM would be 3850 MHz. You then multiply that by two, which is 7700MHz, which you again multiply by two, which is 15.400MHz or 15.4GHz

Yes, it is.

By RAM, you meant he GDDR6 MEM right?>

Yes. I meant GDDR6 RAM, the VRAM on your graphics card, to be precise

I'm not sure why your GPU only runs at base frequency though, and doesn't boost.

Could you post PC specifications and make and model of your PSU. Not just 600watt 80+ gold, for example, but the manufacturer and watt output. Also your specific graphics card, and details of your sytem RAM, CPU, cooler etc.

Also temperatures during gaaming and GPU + CPU utilization %

micidontknowhelpme

Commendable
Jan 25, 2020
Yes. I meant GDDR6 RAM, the VRAM on your graphics card, to be precise

I'm not sure why your GPU only runs at base frequency though, and doesn't boost.

Could you post PC specifications and make and model of your PSU. Not just 600watt 80+ gold, for example, but the manufacturer and watt output. Also your specific graphics card, and details of your sytem RAM, CPU, cooler etc.

Also temperatures during gaaming and GPU + CPU utilization %
PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3700x
X570 Phantom Gaming 4 AsROCK
ASUS DUAL Evo OC
G. Skill Trident Z Royal 3200 ddr4 2x16gb 32gb
Kingston A2000 M.2 NVME SSD
CORSAIR RM650X

Temps:
CPU Idle: 40-50
CPU LOAD: 71 Max
GPU Idle: 31
GPU LOAD: 65

Sometimes completely removing the Nvidia driver, using Display Driver Uninstaller (Guru3D) running in Windows Safe Mode, and then rebooting to “normal” Windows to re-install the most recent Nvidia driver (minus GeForce Experience) can fix this kind of hiccups.

It may not be the solution in this case, but it is worth trying, sometimes this is all it takes.

If it doesn’t work, at least there’s one thing less to consider.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oussebon

micidontknowhelpme

Commendable
Jan 25, 2020
Sometimes completely removing the Nvidia driver, using Display Driver Uninstaller (Guru3D) running in Windows Safe Mode, and then rebooting to “normal” Windows to re-install the most recent Nvidia driver (minus GeForce Experience) can fix this kind of hiccups.

It may not be the solution in this case, but it is worth trying, sometimes this is all it takes.

If it doesn’t work, at least there’s one thing less to consider.
Still nothing.