To start off, here's all my specs:
i5 9600k @ 5GHz
Gigabyte z370 XP SLI motherboard
16GB ram @ 3200MHz
RTX 2080 super (Aorus from gigabyte)
Corsair RM 850x power supply
Lian-Li Pc011 dynamic case
Windows 10
CPU and grapgics card cooled by a custom loop with 2 x 360mm radiators and D5 pump

I used to be running a GTX 1080 which never even reached 50c under full load constantly, even with an overclock applied. After swapping to my new card, the 2080 super hits 74c despite the overkill radiators. Note that I'm using MSI afterburner and have dragged the power slider and temp slider to max (140% power and 88c). I haven't applied any manual overclocks yet.

Is this kind of temperature from this graphics card normal, even with water cooling? It's a huge jump in temperature from what I used to see with my last card and am surprised, but just unsure if this is actually unusual or not.

Solution
That doesn't seem normal. My evga with an ek block doesn't hit any higher than maybe 55c in a stress test with a healthy oc applied. I'm running less radiator than you as well, a 240 and 360 combo. I'd make sure the block is seated properly, and the thermal paste has sufficient coverage.

Even before I went to the custom loop, I never saw over 75 during stressing. With a mild oc and looping superposition on extreme, average temps were 73c.
That doesn't seem normal. My evga with an ek block doesn't hit any higher than maybe 55c in a stress test with a healthy oc applied. I'm running less radiator than you as well, a 240 and 360 combo. I'd make sure the block is seated properly, and the thermal paste has sufficient coverage.

Even before I went to the custom loop, I never saw over 75 during stressing. With a mild oc and looping superposition on extreme, average temps were 73c.

Last edited:
Solution