[SOLVED] 2080 Super stuttering buzzing noise when gaming

Jimbob1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2013
I don't know what's going on but I'm running into so many issues with my new build. For some strange reason out of nowhere, when I play any game I hear a static/buzzing noise from the GPU but it's only started to occur today. It's been fine for the past 2 weeks. The noise is really irritating me, I'm curious to know why it's all of a sudden only just started to happen now.

Solution
It's just really annoying. Is it worth returning the card? Also now I'm stuttering in games, drop from 150 to 95 back to 150. I don't get what is going on.

If you can return it and it is really really annoying then by all means. As for the game stuttering, try monitoring your GPU's in-game core clock speeds and see if it's fluctuating rapidly. It could be an in-game issue so you'll want to test it out multiple games to confirm it's not a single game that's experiencing the issues.

You can also use a gpu stress test application like ungine superposition to stress your GPU to the max and monitor any changes.

If the issue persists, try reinstalling the drivers after a clean GPU driver wipe. As for the noise, nothing you can do...
That's called coil whine, it's a common occurrence in high end graphics cards that is caused by the power flowing through certain power-regulatory components such as your mosfets (which is why it's also called the mosfet buzz). You can't fix this problem really and as to why it just started occurring I would assume that the physical components simply started to produce louder frequencies as your GPU got used to the large influx of power over-time. Some people, and myself, say the noise starts to weaken again after sometime but that's pretty much it, you just have to wait. You could also lower your GPU's power draw but then you'd possibly end up lowering performance.

Jimbob1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2013
That's called coil whine, it's a common occurrence in high end graphics cards that is caused by the power flowing through certain power-regulatory components such as your mosfets (which is why it's also called the mosfet buzz). You can't fix this problem really and as to why it just started occurring I would assume that the physical components simply started to produce louder frequencies as your GPU got used to the large influx of power over-time. Some people, and myself, say the noise starts to weaken again after sometime but that's pretty much it, you just have to wait. You could also lower your GPU's power draw but then you'd possibly end up lowering performance.
It's just really annoying. Is it worth returning the card? Also now I'm stuttering in games, drop from 150 to 95 back to 150. I don't get what is going on.

If you can return it and it is really really annoying then by all means. As for the game stuttering, try monitoring your GPU's in-game core clock speeds and see if it's fluctuating rapidly. It could be an in-game issue so you'll want to test it out multiple games to confirm it's not a single game that's experiencing the issues.

You can also use a gpu stress test application like ungine superposition to stress your GPU to the max and monitor any changes.

If the issue persists, try reinstalling the drivers after a clean GPU driver wipe. As for the noise, nothing you can do there besides lowering power draw.

Solution

Jimbob1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2013

If the issue persists, try reinstalling the drivers after a clean GPU driver wipe. As for the noise, nothing you can do there besides lowering power draw.
Have you got coil whining on your ti? And i'll reinstall drivers see if it works.

Jimbob1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2013

Should I purchase a new PSU to see if that works. Looking at this.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CP..._1_6?keywords=1000w+psu&qid=1581724527&sr=8-6