[SOLVED] 2080 super upgrade to 2080 ti

May 29, 2020
Hi I have a 2080 super gigabyte paired with a 9900k.

I was thinking to upgrade the GPU to a 2080ti
I found one second hand EVGA 2080 ti xc for 1000$ with warranty.

Worth it?

I play fps games at 1440p

Thanks

Solution
I agree. New higher-end cards are expected later in the year. While not much is known about their exact performance levels yet, it's likely that more performance will be available, perhaps even for less. Plus, a new card is likely to come with longer warranty coverage, which is probably good to have for a graphics card in this price range. It's nearing two years since the 2080 Ti first came out, and the MSRP for the card was supposed to start at US $1000 even then, though real-word pricing generally hasn't been that low, since companies apparently like to price-gouge on top-end cards. It sounds like there is likely to be more competition in this performance bracket soon though.

As for performance, a 2080 Ti tends to perform only...
I agree. New higher-end cards are expected later in the year. While not much is known about their exact performance levels yet, it's likely that more performance will be available, perhaps even for less. Plus, a new card is likely to come with longer warranty coverage, which is probably good to have for a graphics card in this price range. It's nearing two years since the 2080 Ti first came out, and the MSRP for the card was supposed to start at US $1000 even then, though real-word pricing generally hasn't been that low, since companies apparently like to price-gouge on top-end cards. It sounds like there is likely to be more competition in this performance bracket soon though.

As for performance, a 2080 Ti tends to perform only around 20% faster than a 2080 SUPER in graphically demanding games, and in some games even less, so if you have a 2080 SUPER now, that doesn't seem like a particularly worthwhile upgrade.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution