[SOLVED] 2080 super vs 2080ti

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Heya folks,

I am building a new gaming PC and am unsure on what GPU to get. I am stumped on the RTX 2080 Super Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB (Pre-Installed Waterblock) and the RTX 2080 ti Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB (Pre-Installed Waterblock). I will be gaming on a 120hz, 3440x1440 34" Ultrawide by Alienware. I am going to have 32GB RAM @3200mhz and an i7 9700k. I will be streaming and gaming at the same time and will do quite a bit of 1440p video editing. If there is anything else you would recommend changing, by all means let me know.

P.S I DO NOT WANT TO GO WITH AMD AS I AM GOING TO MAKE A PRODUCTIVITY RIG IN ABOUT 18 MONTHS

SPECS -
MOBO - Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula
CPU - i7-9700k
COOLING - Custom loop (CPU and GPU)
STORAGE -1TB NVMe 970 Evo + 2TB SSHD
PSU - Corsair RMX 850w

Are you looking for max/Ultra settings or are you ok with turning things down?

Are you planning to use GPU or CPU streaming?

Honestly, almost regardless of your answers, the answer TO your question is almost certainly going to be that you want the 1080 Ti, especially if the answers to those two questions are what I think they will be.

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Are you looking for max/Ultra settings or are you ok with turning things down?

Are you planning to use GPU or CPU streaming?

Honestly, almost regardless of your answers, the answer TO your question is almost certainly going to be that you want the 1080 Ti, especially if the answers to those two questions are what I think they will be.

I was thinking about getting a 1080ti but soooooo many have been used for mining and they are like nearly the same price as a 2080 Super and in some cases even a 2080ti. I don't mind turning some settings down but I prefer to have the highest I can. And I have no idea of I will use CPU OR GPU to stream. I thought that streaming was a CPU thing sooo