2080 TI build. Please advise.

Dec 20, 2018
Hello guys & girls. I am planning to build my own PC and this is the staff I am thinking of buying:

MB: AORUS AMD Ryzen X470 GAMING 7 AC WiFi AM4 ATX Motherboard
RAM(32GB): 2X Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP
CPU: CPU AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 2700X 4.35GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
SSD: 970 EVO Polaris 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB BLACK EDITION Turing Graphics Card

I already own the following: 700W Power Supply, dwd/rw cdrom, 500GB HDD & another 120GB Crusible SSD.

My questions are as follows:

1) Please advise on case that would fit all that. I want windowed tower like this one: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-crystal-series-460x-rgb-white-mid-tower-pc-case-w-tempered-glass-window-atx-matx-mitx-3x-sp1

but I am not sure if everything will fit there. Or please drop me smth like that tower with pre-included colourful fans.

2) Would my current Power supply would be good enough to hold all this staff above, by taking into account fans from question 1.

3) Please feel free to edit my current components list if you feel I am limiting smth in terms of speeds.

Big thanks to everyone who managed to read all this.

Solution

Oh hell no.....

You need a new better quality PSU than that defiantly.

No way would I ever think about hooking up a RTX 2080Ti to that, or any high end GPU, no freaking way.

Here are some great choices, 750W would be good, or 650W.

Seasonic Focus Plus
EVGA G2 or G3
Corsair RMX

Dec 20, 2018

Okay. Will do. Thanks for sending me suggestions. And what about case?

You will need a case with good airflow I think. Most of those towers with glass all around SUCK for airflow.

What CPU cooler are you planning on using?

Dec 20, 2018

Damnit! I really wanted everything to be transparent and colourful. Even the RAM I am buying would have the LED colours.

I was planning to use the AMD Wraith Prism CPU cooler with RGB-LED ring that comes with the CPU as a standard.

BTW, I found the PSU you' ve been talking about. I saw no much difference in between 750 and 850 version in terms of price.
I think I would go for 850W for future additions like another M.2 or anything else.
This is how PSU looks like, is that the one you mentioned from RMX series?->
-> https://www.cclonline.com/product/257448/CP-9020180-UK/Power-Supplies/Corsair-RM850x-RMx-Series-850W-Fully-Modular-Power-Supply-Unit-80-PLUS-Gold-Certified-/PSU1593/

Yeah that's the PSU. :)

You can still get a case with a window, there are some very good ones.

Solution