FrixSuperX

Commendable
Jun 1, 2017
Hi everyone I'm a owner of a 2080 ti FE.
It's a good card but I want improuve :
  1. Noise
  2. Temps
  3. Performances
So I was thinking about a project and I was wondering if is too mad (or stupid) or if is moreless sensed and safe
I'm planning to buy a kraken g12 (should be compatible with a 2080 ti) and pairing with a kraken x42 .
The issue is Vram and mosphet cooling that is more less inexistent .
So i was planning to put some passive heat sinks on the hottest parts hoping that with the airflow of the g 12 fan will be enough.
Something like that and set in my back exaust fan of my case:
https://ibb.co/pf8LC6j
(dimensions of each piece in scale)
So these are my questions:
  1. First of first warrainty issues. This modding could nullify my warranty? (Is invasive like putting a waterblock so I'm asking if the warranty still fine or not)
  2. Is putting that stuff on my pcb too risky ? (like short my gpu or insufficient cooling )
  3. Is putting those heatsinks an overkill? (I don't think so bcz I saw some thread that talk about overheating issues but anyway You are the experts not me)
  4. This solution will be too noisy ? (Adding a waterpoump maybe is not the most silent solution)
  5. There are other smarter choices? (that doesn't include to sell my gpu and buy anotherone)
PS: I know that there is an EVGA hybrid kit for 2080 ti fe but is moreless always unavailable in EU so I cannot buy it.

Thank you for your time

Mar 31, 2019
I was thinking about the same thing and as mentioned the vrams are not cooled in the aios thus causing the temps to idle at around 60°c which imo is high and not good for the gpu

The best solution i guess would be to find fan holders usually found on online websites or a computer hardware store put them directly over the vrm and that should clear the vrm heat issues

Another solution would be to get a good custom mount air cooler for the 2080ti the reference 2080ti cooler is totally crap and needs an upgrade so that should be allrite