ChiefBunhead

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Hello all!

In brief, I have a HP 2080 ti that was a blower card by default and ran as hot as the sun, throttling itself heavily (45c idle and 87c full load etc). Anyway since got it down to 25c idle and 48c full load, all great. This is also with the afterburner slider on 112% and a +160 core/+800 memory.

I am wondering what I could expect to push out of it or do you think that's about the ceiling. Seems to be unstable when the core is higher than that. Is it worth touching the core voltage slider or best leave that alone and call it a good job? When I took it apart I saw it wasn't an 'A' chip (I read that the A chips overclocked better?) and just an fyi it is an FE design underneath.

Thanks!

Hello all!

In brief, I have a HP 2080 ti that was a blower card by default and ran as hot as the sun, throttling itself heavily (45c idle and 87c full load etc). Anyway since got it down to 25c idle and 48c full load, all great. This is also with the afterburner slider on 112% and a +160 core/+800 memory.

I am wondering what I could expect to push out of it or do you think that's about the ceiling. Seems to be unstable when the core is higher than that. Is it worth touching the core voltage slider or best leave that alone and call it a good job? When I took it apart I saw it wasn't an 'A' chip (I read that the A chips overclocked better?) and just an fyi it is an FE design underneath.

Thanks!
I agree with @Krotow . It's better not to push it to it's limits since we are in a very bad situation with GPU prices. Unless of course you have money to spend and you don't care financing scalpers.

By the way, what are your other system specs and what monitor do you have? Resolution and refresh rate please. I am asking because if you are on a low resolution (1080p) then you won't get better performance with GPU OC, the CPU is the limiting factor.

Reactions: Krotow

ChiefBunhead

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I agree with @Krotow . It's better not to push it to it's limits since we are in a very bad situation with GPU prices. Unless of course you have money to spend and you don't care financing scalpers.

By the way, what are your other system specs and what monitor do you have? Resolution and refresh rate please. I am asking because if you are on a low resolution (1080p) then you won't get better performance with GPU OC, the CPU is the limiting factor.

Hey dotas1!

Yea I think I should just leave as it is. Its superior to what it was. Anyway shall list specs here just in case!

3900x
64gb memory 4x16gb @ 3200 CL14
Noctua DH15 cooler
Kraken x62 AIO
Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 @ 120hz

To be honest its running very well now. I had the Kraken on the CPU for a few years but decided to stick it on the GPU instead due to crazy temps when the GPU had the blower on it. Got a new case, lots of air flow so everything is nice and happy now.

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS