[SOLVED] 2080 ti FE crashing!!

Aug 5, 2019
ok so a week ago i had a 1080 ti which was used for 2 years perfectly on watercooling. one day i started getting freezing and crashing and even BOSD i tried everything i could. i even upgraded my cpu to the 3900x on a C6H motherboard reinstalled my OS new drivers everything just kept crashing. I would play a benchmark and few mins in black screen restart. i gave up and bought a new 2080 ti FE installed and guess what......

SAME issue like what the heck. iv tried replacing everything i could outside my 1000 g3 evga powersupply and flare x ram. no overclocks either on anything all stock default values. iv even tried using two seprate pcie cables for the dual 8 pins. same issue. sometimes i even get bosd with "critcal process failed. im going insane and iv been trying to get this to work for weeks. im even throwing money at it ands its not fixing itself lol

help me please i cant afford to spend anymore now

GPU: 2080 ti

PSU: Evga supernova g3 1000 watt

CPU: ryzen 3900x

Motherboard: Croshair VI Hero x370 (latest bios )

Memory:Gskill flare x 3200 cas 14

Solution
it very well could be my PSU iv had it for awhile. sucks if its dying or failing :/ but i dont want to replace something thats not broken anymore costs alot
The BSOD error is more something I’d expect from faulty RAM than a PSU. Let MemTest finish and see if anything pops up.

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
its weird but i said change the psu get a cx 750w from corsair it cost like 90 bucks and its pretty good, or buy the cx750m that is the same just semi modular, remember, in teh PSU world its not about 80+ certification, its depends the components taht have been used to make such psu. I say this because its the only thing you haven't changed, and also what about trying another windows in another hdd

Last edited:
its weird but i said change the psu get a cx 750w from corsair it cost like 90 bucks and its pretty good, or buy the cx750m that is the same just semi modular, remember, in teh PSU world its not about 80+ certification, its depends the components taht have been used to make such psu. I say this because its the only thing you haven't changed, and also what about trying another windows in another hdd
The CX range are mediocre quality, his current psu is not only a higher wattage rating but much higher quality.