• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question 2080 Ti Memory Question

lukeawelker3

Prominent
Jun 30, 2018
I have find my max stable mem oc in benchmarks to be +1325mhz on my 2080 Ti, I even tested it to make sure it wasn’t error correcting. That being said, what mem clock should I use for 24/7 gaming?

Thanks in advance.

Barty1884

Titan
Each card is different, and what you should be running for 24/7 use is a matter of opinion.
HOWEVER, I'd be very concerned running +1325MHz long-term (I can get my 2070S to +1000MHz, and wouldn't long term).

Somewhere between +500 and +800MHz would probably be the accepted "safe" level, but there's no way of knowing. Someone here (or in the TH Discord) did have a problem with their memory after running a substantial OC.... but I don't know the specifics - and it's anecdotal at best.

lukeawelker3

Prominent
Jun 30, 2018
Each card is different, and what you should be running for 24/7 use is a matter of opinion.
HOWEVER, I'd be very concerned running +1325MHz long-term (I can get my 2070S to +1000MHz, and wouldn't long term).

Somewhere between +500 and +800MHz would probably be the accepted "safe" level, but there's no way of knowing. Someone here (or in the TH Discord) did have a problem with their memory after running a substantial OC.... but I don't know the specifics - and it's anecdotal at best.
Hey, thanks for your response, your not the only person I’ve heard say 500-800 is safe, so I decided to go with 800, my card seems to have really good Samsung memory in it, and I just don’t want to damage the card seeing that it’s not a cheap replacement. But I feel good with 800. Any idea what the guy on discord was running his at?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS