[SOLVED] 2080 Ti Memory Question

lukeawelker3

Commendable
Jun 30, 2018
I have find my max stable mem oc in benchmarks to be +1325mhz on my 2080 Ti, I even tested it to make sure it wasn’t error correcting. That being said, what mem clock should I use for 24/7 gaming?

Thanks in advance.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Each card is different, and what you should be running for 24/7 use is a matter of opinion.
HOWEVER, I'd be very concerned running +1325MHz long-term (I can get my 2070S to +1000MHz, and wouldn't long term).

Somewhere between +500 and +800MHz would probably be the accepted "safe" level, but there's no way of knowing. Someone here (or in the TH Discord) did have a problem with their memory after running a substantial OC.... but I don't know the specifics - and it's anecdotal at best.

lukeawelker3

Commendable
Jun 30, 2018
Each card is different, and what you should be running for 24/7 use is a matter of opinion.
HOWEVER, I'd be very concerned running +1325MHz long-term (I can get my 2070S to +1000MHz, and wouldn't long term).

Somewhere between +500 and +800MHz would probably be the accepted "safe" level, but there's no way of knowing. Someone here (or in the TH Discord) did have a problem with their memory after running a substantial OC.... but I don't know the specifics - and it's anecdotal at best.
Hey, thanks for your response, your not the only person I’ve heard say 500-800 is safe, so I decided to go with 800, my card seems to have really good Samsung memory in it, and I just don’t want to damage the card seeing that it’s not a cheap replacement. But I feel good with 800. Any idea what the guy on discord was running his at?

TRENDING THREADS