Question 2080ti 87-88c underload

Sep 29, 2019
What can I do to lower these temps,I bought a new case just for this, coolermaster h500p,but that doesn't seem to anything,feels like my temps have gotten worse,what can I do to lower these temps..?

It's a twin fan 2080ti

Sep 29, 2019
For starters, you can plan on adding fans up top for more exhaust.

But first, what is your complete system specs? Mainly, cpu and cooler?

Also, for reference, what exact model of the 2080 Ti do you have?
Zotac twin fan 2080ti
Ryzen 3700x wraith prism cooler
X570 gaming edge WiFi mobo
16gb g skill tridentz ram
Cxm 650w 80+ bronze psu
Coolermaster h500p case

As above more info is needed .
Couple options.
Use MSI Afterburner to increase fan speeds with a custom fan curve for the card itself. Mine are set to 40% until it reaches 40c from there it is a set ratio. 50c=50% 60c=60% 70c=70% etc.
You will have to play around a little bit to get a curve that works for temps and noise for your preferences.
Next is the case fans.
Most motherboards base case fan speed off of CPU temperature. Not GPU temp.
Use BIOS or software to increase Case fan speeds with a perset or custom curve. Again to your preferences.
this is all base info ,with your exact specs we can be more specific on case fan speed control.

The reviews show your GPU model to be fairly good at cooling. Do you have your GPU mounted vertically? I wonder if that would restrict airflow enough to make this much of difference.

ZOTAC-RTX2080-Ti-Temperatures.jpg

Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan Review Testing a Custom Cooler - https://www.servethehome.com/zotac-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-twin-fan-review/6/

Sep 29, 2019

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
What are idle temps? Has the card ever been dissembled? Did you buy it new? Has it always run this hot?

I would pull the side panel of the case off, if it still runs that hot it's not because of case airflow. I would guess there is an issue with the cooler, poor thermal paste application or its just not mounted properly, possibly it's to loose so it's not making full contact with the die. If thats the case I would disassemble the card replace the paste and remount the cooler properly. Or send it back under warranty if you're uncomfortable with taking it apart.

Reactions: MrN1ce9uy
Sep 29, 2019
What are idle temps? Has the card ever been dissembled? Did you buy it new? Has it always run this hot?

I would pull the side panel of the case off, if it still runs that hot it's not because of case airflow. I would guess there is an issue with the cooler, poor thermal paste application or its just not mounted properly, possibly it's to loose so it's not making full contact with the die. If thats the case I would disassemble the card replace the paste and remount the cooler properly. Or send it back under warranty if you're uncomfortable with taking it apart.
Sorry for the late reply,idle temps are around 35-40, never been dismantled,it's a new card, always ran this hot

I did test out by pulling the side panel before,card doesn't go over 77c underload.