[SOLVED] 2080ti Black edition underperforming

Sep 19, 2019
So I will post specs here first:

i9-9900k
2080ti black edition
850w PSU
32gbs ddr4 3200mhz RAM
34 inch ultrawide 1440p 120Hz Monitor

So I noticed I get stutters in game and it feels like I get lower framerate than other people.

My avg clock of my gpu in game is 1600 Mhz with a 170w (.880V) avg ... I have a friend with a 2080ti and he is getting 2200Mhz while using 220 W .. not to mention when I play like red dead I get a hitch and gpu usage drops really low for a split second (this is the hitch).. So I am wondering if the gpu isn't getting enough power, which is hard to believe since it's a 850 w psu or maybe the card is faulty.

Any ideas guys?

Solution
Ok then, looks ok for that card. As far as speed difference, I think your friend might have a card with the “A” variant of the Turing chip? Your boost clock seems to be 1545MHz per EVGA’s specs for the 2080 ti Black Edition. Contrast that with something like the XC2 Ultra, which has a boost clock of 1650 MHz. If you want to give overclocking a try, the Autoscan feature is pretty good for a one-click solution. Got me from 1890 to 1995 MHz on my card.
Sep 19, 2019
make and model of the psu?
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?

EVGA SuperNova Gold 850 W

CPU temp ~ 53 C

GPU temp ~ 73 C

Cpu Usage ~ 25 %

GPU Usage very much varies... can be in between 50% and 100%. when playing Red Dead for example it was like 50 % ish and dipping down to 5% everytime a stutter happened.

I turned on power enhancement in nvidia settings to see if that helps, it was on optimal power for whatever reason, so I will try this and see what happens.

Sep 19, 2019
Okay so... I fixed the stuttering in Red Dead Redemption 2. In nividia settings I changed power management to prefer maximum performance rather than "optimal" So basically allowing my gpu to grab more power. What I think was happening was basically the gpu needed more juice and based on the powermanagement mode it was rejecting causing "stutters" due to a downclock from it. I may be wrong but that's my hypothesis.

Red Dead redemption is a terribly optimized game i'm only getting 60 fps on low in a town. Like wtf lmao.

my gpu is getting 1780 mhz on clock when playing so it seems to be performing well. I may be wrong, but I think that is okay.

Let me know if you guys have any questions or guidance. TY !

Ok then, looks ok for that card. As far as speed difference, I think your friend might have a card with the “A” variant of the Turing chip? Your boost clock seems to be 1545MHz per EVGA’s specs for the 2080 ti Black Edition. Contrast that with something like the XC2 Ultra, which has a boost clock of 1650 MHz. If you want to give overclocking a try, the Autoscan feature is pretty good for a one-click solution. Got me from 1890 to 1995 MHz on my card.

Solution